MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another $20 Lesson

Article about: What is it about unknown items that draw you in? I am in Kyiv, Ukraine and was on St. Andrew's Descent browsing tables and came across this pin. Upon getting home and searching the web I hav

You Could have saved time and simply sent Me the 20 bucks...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another  Lesson
    P
    Many

Impulse buying usually is a mistake. It is always good to educate yourself on construction and value of items you are purchasing. This is a very poor fake. Use our search engine to see genuine examples and you will see what I mean. These days, you do not find a $2000 item for 1% of that price.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You Could have saved time and simply sent Me the 20 bucks...
    I will do that next time, what is your address?

$20 in Ukraine, thats like $500 here in us LOL

Quote by JohnyWoo View Post
    $20 in Ukraine, thats like $500 here in us LOL

No, its still $20 here in the US but it is $460 to them in their money.

Consider it a rather inexpensive lesson learned and instead of tossing it out, or worse, reselling it, keep it as a "filler item" and to remind yourself of the mistake of buying on impulse. You might also want to etch the word "COPY" or "REPRO" on the reverse side, so that hopefully no one else will make the same error.

That said, I've never wanted a filler in my collection. I know that a lot of guys do purchase filler items, and some are not cheap either, but it just does not set right with me.

There are some excellent "Party Badge" books on the market right now.

Marcus

I never purchase "filler"/"placeholder" items either--- if it's not period I'm not getting it. I would also say there's only one party badge book out there worth having, the rest seem filled with fakes and misinformation... actually not sure if there are any other dedicated books, as such, out there --- well, not of that quality and/or depth at least.

Anyway... a very poor GPB fake, of course. Glad the lesson didn't cost you more than $20 though!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I never purchase "filler"/"placeholder" items either--- if it's not period I'm not getting it. I would also say there's only one party badge book out there worth having, the rest seem filled with fakes and misinformation... actually not sure if there are any other dedicated books, as such, out there --- well, not of that quality and/or depth at least.

Anyway... a very poor GPB fake, of course. Glad the lesson didn't cost you more than $20 though!

What is "GBP" fake?

William

Since buying this fake I have looked at many examples of this badge on different sites. Not only did I waste $20 I was just plain foolish also. If I would have only looked at the badge closely, copy was written all over it. It is a very poor copy. I should have known just looking at its poor construction.

Also not knowing what the originals sell for how could I ever expect to buy one for $20. If the the seller knew it was real he would never sell it for $20. What a fool I am. I hope it is a good lesson learned. Do not buy anything you do not know.

William

"GPB" is simply a collectors acronym for "Golden Party Badge" --- I usually try to use the original name for any item to avoid confusion, which in this case would be "Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP" or "Goldenes Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP"... I neglected to do so here. Not sure which of the two would be the correct official title of this award... seems to me they are used interchangeably. Anyway, my bad... it's not the best acronym out there.

Do not buy anything you do not know
    I wholeheartedly agree-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast