MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another badge up for auction - HH - Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4

Article about: This one looks good to me, what do you think?

You cannot judge whether a badge is fake or not by any of those other traits, seems this way of authenticating party badges is a well ingrained collectors myth... I see this all the time.

Swastikas vary greatly in size, both "static" and "floating" are all normal on good badges. Shapes of letters also vary greatly, from what looks like designed and executed by a child to perfectly symmetric expertly executed font styles... they can all be good nonetheless. Spacing between letters and other such details do not matter for the most part either.

Look at a LOT of badges, learn what meets the eye on good ones vs. bad ones, get a feel for them and that old time quality --- except for a few marking no no's there's no one rule to judge good or bad in this field.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another badge up for auction - HH -  Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    You cannot judge whether a badge is fake or not by any of those other traits, seems this way of authenticating party badges is a well ingrained collectors myth... I see this all the time.

Swastikas vary greatly in size, both "static" and "floating" are all normal on good badges. Shapes of letters also vary greatly, from what looks like designed and executed by a child to perfectly symmetric expertly executed font styles... they can all be good nonetheless. Spacing between letters and other such details do not matter for the most part either.

Look at a LOT of badges, learn what meets the eye on good ones vs. bad ones, get a feel for them and that old time quality --- except for a few marking no no's there's no one rule to judge good or bad in this field.
    Thank you once again for your excellent and educating posts.
    Keep 'em coming!

The badge was sold for 50 USD

There's always someone that skips their homework altogether out there--- makes pumping these fakes out all the more worthwhile for the fakers.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    There's always someone that skips their homework altogether out there--- makes pumping these fakes out all the more worthwhile for the fakers.
    It breaks my heart that someone probably will love to put this item in their collection and believe it's a good one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2