Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another fake badge on the E-stand

Article about: Swastika pin with maker - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics Another fake from the same seller --- in addition to other traits this one's the a most obvious fake due to the pres

Default Another fake badge on the E-stand

Swastika pin with maker - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Another fake from the same seller --- in addition to other traits this one's the a most obvious fake due to the presence of RZM markings to the reverse. Quite elementary.

Too bad the other fake badge thread was deleted, not sure why? I would have thought a thread ousting a common party badge fake would be a nice and easy reference, if only to avoid more re-listings of the same fake garbage? Deleting such threads seems rather detrimental to actually educating and protecting collectors on here, many of whom are actually paying for a membership (something which I have for most of the time myself and am about to renew).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another fake badge on the E-stand
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    this one's the a most obvious fake due to the presence of RZM markings to the reverse.
    Are you quite sure about this? Apart from carlsson1982's long standing on the forum and therefore lack of a 'fly-by-night' scam element, I have my own party pin with RZM markings that passed the scrutiny of the forum with flying colours when I posted it A small NSDAP collection, in fact it was liked by non other than yourself.

So are RZM marked party pins 'in' or 'out' in your opinion?

Glenn, I am referring to sympathizer badges... such as the one in question. Actual party membership badges with all types of attachments comes with all kinds of markings, of course including RZM, both in transitional and later M1 configuration. Your party badge is of course 100% correct and just fine.

To top it off this one bears a number and type of font (reverse RZM markings) that is typical of fakes in other configurations. M1/129 is also a number I have yet to see on an authentic party badge. But, yes... this is about a white enamel (!) RZM marked sympathizer badge (!), a type of badge that didn't even come under any official regulation as they were not "official" NSDAP badges as such. That alone speaks for itself.

A fake on the E-stand does not automatically indicate "scam", I never said nor implied that. Still, this is yet another NSDAP badge from the same seller that is 100% fake, which I feel needs, at the very least, removal to prevent someone from getting burnt on an easy to spot fake.

For reference, here's a whole bunch of other absolutely horrible fake NSDAP enameled badges, all marked with this number.

Photo credits all go to the respective, unlucky, owners---

Another fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-standAnother fake badge on the E-stand

Oh no...the dreaded 'coffin pins'!

Yes,but these badges are horrendous in most each and every other aspect as well --- far from all reproductions have the "coffin" plate attachment but they are all still just as fake/not of the period.

I've seen a lot of bad RZM M1/129 lately! Even a beginner could see that this badge looks like crap! Look at those letters too, so ugly

Here's one of them:

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Yes,but these badges are horrendous in most each and every other aspect as well
    Quite right, the pebbling of the red enamel is an obvious point, not to mention the lettering font and spacing etc.

Yes, all absolutely horrible.

btw: The stickpin badge in question is still available on the E-stand for anyone interested in adding an absolute fake under the guise and price of an actual original --- treat yourself for Christmas

Perhaps raise this to the attention of a moderator to have the offending advertisement removed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast