Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Article about: Hi all, Been offered this for sale. What's the verdict? Thanks, Robbie

Default Re: Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

On page 16 of NSDAP Enamel the author also states that it was normal for transitional badges to have Ges. Gesch, the RZM logo AND the maker number.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    On page 16 of NSDAP Enamel the author also states that it was normal for transitional badges to have Ges. Gesch, the RZM logo AND the maker number.
    No one has disputed this to my knowledge as regarding the party badges that is - the badge in question should never bear an RZM mark though.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    At this juncture, I would like to, with no disrespect intended to you or Mr Tucker, point out that the book to which you are referring is not entirely correct.
    The site mentioned by Kenneth run by Jo Rivett also has a book review on this book. Please go and view it.
    Tom

Thanks Tom, I will. I am very new to this aspect of collecting, and have found Michael Tucker's book to be a big help in starting to learn about these badges. I am sure there is much more to learn, and thanks for the tip

Ouch! Well, after reading that review, the only good thing I can offer now about the book is that it got me interested in the subject, and has resulted in me being aware of a far superior source of learning. Thanks again for the tip!

Troy, sorry for not answering your last question, only just got the thread notification from WRF.
    His review really opens ones eyes, doesn't it? If ever in doubt visit his site.
    Tom

?

I've heard this maker is a post war fake.. Any truth ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?   Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?  

It is indeed a fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks,,, I guess we all get burned from time to time..Oh well.. i get impulsive sometimes and when it come down to it I would rather be tricked and learn than to pass a great find up and have even more "Regret" Again Thanks... M

The "coffin" shaped pin plate on the back is always a dead giveaway.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast