MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Article about: Hi all, Been offered this for sale. What's the verdict? Thanks, Robbie

Default Re: Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Are all "coffin" shaped pins on tr metals/badges fake Waff, or just this style? Always wondered that. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?
    P
    Many

Youthcolletor1

Not trying to answer for William here but here's a similar coffin style pin attachment plate that is completely authentic. So not all attachements in this shape are fake/bad.

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

And the DE McFake M1/129 rears its ugly face again. If I may draw your attention to this obvious fake and its markings. The RZM mark in this style also did not exist, it's much too poorly formed.

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Some examples of properly formed RZM markings

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thank you kind sir for your response.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Thank you kind sir for your response.
    You are most welcome! I hope William isn't offended that I replied but I'm sure he'd have the same information to share on this one. As you can see from the modern day fake I posted, the reverse is exactly the same as the DE badge. This coffin pin should be avoided as all have already stated, but do deep in mind that there are some in this general shape that are just fine.

We are all here to learn, I passed a bit onto you, and in turn you might forward the info to the next collector
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

lol (Horribly offended..) Actually, the pin Greenhorn posted isn't technically a "coffin", as the sides are flat. In general, it's a good rule of thumb, though, to simply avoid most all coffin plates. If they are flat on the ends and bulge out in the middles, step awayyyy quickly! 99.99% of the pins encountered with this configuration pin plate-even if they are artificially aged-are no good. (And Some of them, as noted, are Damn good looking too!) If in doubt-just post them here and you'll be a whole lot safer and happier!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks to both of you for the help. Green, I can not agree more. One day I will no longer be the "youthcollector" sadly of course but one thing I can guarantee is that I will be pasting the information which I'd learned from all of the senior collectors here to all the new "kids". I know i've said this, but I can't stress enough how grateful I truly am and I'm sure the next generation will be just as thankful as I am. I make you all the promise that if I'm lucky enough to still be here, I shall not be greedy with the knowledge you all have so generously shared.

Smile Re: Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

I was really sorry to see that RZM 1/129 pins were fakes. Here is the one that I was saving .

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

I'm baffeled because I got this from the grandson of a polish war veteran. Come to think of it, the RZM mark on mine does look a little not too high quality. Since I got it for almost free, I have no big heart break I guess.

Doing a bit of research I found these guides to RZM codes. (I'm not sure if this is the book that was talked about earlier.) It turns out that as everyone was saying M1/129 approval was issued after 1939. Just thinking out loud - would there be a reason to remake these pins after 1939 just for redistribution or just as a reissue, although they were meant for 1933?

http://www.interlog.com/~sjl/pheasant/rzmcodelist.pdf

RZM M1/ makers Codes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4