Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

Article about: When you all say Post War, does anyone know when these surfaced? I mean to say they may have been made commercially by ( or for ) a right wing movement later on rather than to confound us co

Default 'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

Some one thought this might not be real, so I thought I'd ask, just to make sure. I checked the forum so I had an idea first, but those can be as bad as not having a clue lol If I did get ripped off, I learned, and it won't be as painful as some other lessons I've had. Thank you for any help.

It's the Deutschland Erwache badge I'm seeking help with.

'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: 'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

Looks great but i'm not sure because i remember having read the originality of this badge is being researched.

Cheers

Ed

My wife used to ask me that when we first starting dating..... now she reads a book!! LOL

It is my understanding that 'Deutschland Erwache' pins are post-war. However, I could be mistaken. I am not a big fan of this one, but neither am I an expert. I have been unable to find any data that would establish this pin as authentic pre-1945. I wouldn't mind being wrong, though, as it is a nice looking pin.

?

The egg shaped pin holder is a fake.
    It should be round.
    Sorry

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The egg shaped pin holder is a fake.
    It should be round.
    Sorry
    Thanks Steve, live and learn. At least my party pin is good so I didn't lose out completely

Default Re: 'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

'Deutschland Erwache' badges are perfectly authentic and period. No question on that. They are unmarked.

Sorry yours is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade. The dealer had a few party pins and HJ pins, they were all RZM and maker marked, so I assumed all of his stuff was legit, I bought a HJ pin from him as well. It was marked RZM M125, and has the round pin attachment like the other party pns. I'm definately going to stop passing up deals on books from now on lol

'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?'Deutschland Erwache' badge: Is this real?

?

Paul, I would suggest that you post images (whenever possible) before you buy. If you are not certain of the originality of an item, then chances are, somebody on here will help you out with regards to the authenticity. Many fakes are "maker marked" (shame its not "FAKER marked"), so be careful. RZMs etc show up on everything you can imagine...and other items that are ineffable.

Regards,

Carl

Oh yes, Carl, if I'm buying on line and have questions I'd post here for help, but this was at a collectors show last week end. I had looked over some of the pics on the party badge thread, and took a chance. I hadn't planned on getting heavy into German militaria, but thought it might be nice to have a couple pieces. I'll stick with British kit and bayonets, I know more about those lol I took a chance and got burned, we live, we learn. I'll do more research for next time, the show comes around again in October Thanks everyone for your help

I just figured out who is in your smiley on your signature lol that's cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast