Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dutch Party Badge

Article about: Hi Recently acquired this badge however after reading the threads theres a fair chance this is fake, therefore would appreciate your comments?

Default Dutch Party Badge

Hi
    Recently acquired this badge however after reading the threads theres a fair chance this is fake, therefore would appreciate your comments?

Dutch Party BadgeDutch Party Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dutch Party Badge
    P
    Many

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes I can see your good at posting links however my question has still not been answered. The link you posted Ive read before and only suggests a fake therefore if anyone has a more definitive answer to my question Id appreciate your help

Welcome to the Forum...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by ohms931 View Post
    Yes I can see your good at posting links however my question has still not been answered. The link you posted Ive read before and only suggests a fake therefore if anyone has a more definitive answer to my question Id appreciate your help
    I wonder if the poster intended his message to be as abrupt and rude as this reads? I hope not.

Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I wonder if the poster intended his message to be as abrupt and rude as this reads? I hope not.

Philip
    DrPMC
    I can see how my reply could have been interpreted as abrupt but certainly not intended as being rude. However I have spent a considerable amount of time reading various forums to prevent being chastised for not using the search engine Im sure everybody is aware of the rather vulgar acronym that accompanies such a reply! I have a finite amount of time to get back to the dealer who sold it to me as part of a package. Having dealt with him before I know it wouldn't have been his intention to sell fake goods. Im sure he will be equally interested in being educated , as I myself and probably most on here in telling the difference between fake and original items no matter what subject. Id have thought it would benefit everyone to get a clearer understanding in telling the difference?

?

Quote by ohms931 View Post
    DrPMC
    I can see how my reply could have been interpreted as abrupt but certainly not intended as being rude.
    Thank you for your clarification.

As to the specific badge, I cannot add anything, not having studied them. If you haven't already seen it, Jo Rivett discusses in immense detail how to distinguish between authentic badges and modern copies in his Party Badge book. Although not above criticism, I think it must be the single most valuable source for 'badge forensics' useful for evaluating badges of this type. He also has a website and forum - http://www.parteiabzeichen.ch/

Philip

Philip
    Many thanks for the info

I bought some time ago Michael F Tucker's book as there was a toss up between the two. It would appear now that although Tucker's book is informative I may have backed the wrong horse! Not to worry I'll follow up on the leads you've kindly provided

Richard

Richard

There is only one known obverse of this badge and it is posted in the thread William has attached above. This badge was produced for two different leaders but the same obverse was used. Meaning also, only two designs for the reverse exist. The badge you have posted has the wrong hardware on the reverse and the obverse is not an authentic one. Your badge is a reproduction with a reverse matching many reproductions like it. Try to get a refund if possible.

Mark

Dutch Party Badge
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

welcome to the forum ohms931. Glad you joined the forum
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast