Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Enamel Pin. Deutschland über alles.

Article about: Probably absolutly right, but in the Yugoslavija, dont think that any body was making souvenirs with swastica on it, and have balls to selling such stuff. i was looking over net, and i found

Probably absolutly right, but in the Yugoslavija, dont think that any body was making souvenirs with swastica on it, and have balls to selling such stuff.
    i was looking over net, and i found one similar, on it, that is why I asked. No harm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enamel Pin. Deutschland über alles.
    P
    Many

Quote by rtedesko View Post
    .... that is why I asked. No harm.
    No, no harm, just dont slip lies into your posts. It has not been in your family for 50 years. 10 years maybe, but even that is long for this/these particular eastern European fakes.
    In a recent book i wrote, about these "party" badges, i showed a few more, and explained that they can be purchased for around €5.- on mili321 all the time. There are one or two dealers that try and sell them for more money, like BECK MILITARIA, they have a stupid one listed as fantasy, for €104.-! There are even dealers who try and sell them as original. (source/dealer mentioned in the book in a footnote) In any case, they are recent Eastern European fakes, and anyone who comes onto a forum with a story that one has been in his family (or possession) for 50 years is doing one of 2 things; Trying to legitimize a known fantasy badge (whatever the reason, that is not good) or in total denial that his item is bad. To come up with this on your second post points me towards theory number 1.

Why do "they" do this? By "they" you are referring to Eastern European badge makers, because a forger is not some bloke sitting is his garage stamping out a few badges on his own, a forger is a badge maker who has the necessary tooling to develop, produce and distribute. For them, creating a fantasy badge costs nothing at all, seeing as they do exactly this job each day. Maybe they do it to earn some money? If i was earning €150-300.- per month, which is what people earn in that part of Europe, then i too would be in this game if i was a badge maker and already had all the machines and labor needed. The market is so flooded with fantasy rubbish, blades, badges, awards the list is endless.. creating this kind of crap is a living to many, and has always been.

?

Some have been misinformed or flat out lied to by older family members about fake items. I tend toward 'misinformed' when the person vehemently denies that their item is a fake, and 'lie' when they seem to casually accept the truth, as if they knew it all along. That is my opinion.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Some have been misinformed or flat out lied to by older family members about fake items. I tend toward 'misinformed' when the person vehemently denies that their item is a fake, and 'lie' when they seem to casually accept the truth, as if they knew it all along. That is my opinion.
    Yes, with an item that is actually old, and looks like it could be genuine, i agree, and many family members dont even know what Grandpa collected or did all those years ago, BUT, with a recent, modern, fantasy invention like these ludicrous over sized stupid badges, No, no misinformation, no denial, just a silly story to encourage the willing into thinking that "just maybe" there were badges like this. We have seen quite a bit of this over the recent weeks here on WRF, with new members from the Eastern side of Europe posting crap along with a family story and throwing a hissy fit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4