Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake?

Article about: Hi, I have no idea how to tell, so I was hoping you could. I've tried to study "The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread" but I'm still not sure what I'm looking fo

Question Fake?

Hi,

I have no idea how to tell, so I was hoping you could. I've tried to study "The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread" but I'm still not sure what I'm looking for. I've asked for pictures of the side and rear of the badge and hope to receive them later this evening.

I guess you can tell right away and I'd be happy to hear what you can say.

If it is a fake - what is it worth? The reason I ask is that I read somewhere that a fake could be worth as much as 100 $ (!) Is this true? What is a fake really? Is it still from the war or is it produced in 1980s as a toy?

Fake?Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake?
    P
    Many

You will need photos of the back of the badge also to tell

A fake is a item that is produced for reenactment or more common, to fool collectors. The forgers have made fakes since the 1950's and 1960's till this day.
    A fake is worth nothing to me

Quote by kradman View Post
    You will need photos of the back of the badge also to tell
    Ok. I'll post them in a few hours if I get them. Does this mean that it is a good fake (if not real)? Since it is not obvious by its front? I’m under the impression that one usually can tell rather quickly by its front?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    A fake is worth nothing to me
    I guessed this would be the answer when I asked on a forum like this

Very bad fake, meaning absolutely not of the pre-war or wartime period. To me, fakes are near worthless --- more or less I do not see the point in acquiring them as they have absolutely nothing to do with ww2 other than poorly mimicking period items. They were not produced during the period= what's the allure? They have no history.

To top it off, this one's just plain ugly... save your money, buy yourself a genuine minty party badge of the period instead of flushing your money down the drain. Or, save up and get yourself a real golden party badge---

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Very bad fake, meaning absolutely not of the pre-war or wartime period
    I'm not surprised, but may I ask how you can tell?

Here's a 30mm Deschler I had, observing the quality here (and literally everything else) in relation to the fake you posted should make a detailed rundown of flaws redundant. Font, enamel, everything except for the very basics of the design is wrong.

Fake?Fake?

agree with Slados,lacking quality.

Dud!....

Yep, bad to the bone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast