Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake?

Article about: Hi, I have no idea how to tell, so I was hoping you could. I've tried to study "The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread" but I'm still not sure what I'm looking fo

Sorry, Hoggorm, but this is, as said above, a crude fake that is nothing near the quality and detailing of an original. Personally, it wouldn't even make a good display piece, as it was cheaply made for the curio market and not the serious collectors.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake?
    P
    Many

And here are two pictures of the back and side for those interested.

Is it really that obvious that it is fake? To be honest I can't see it (but it is of course also the first time I try to look for these things compared to you guys )

If I look at these two real ones from Emedals the only thing that I notice is that the one I have pictures of do not have anything written on the back...

A Golden Party Badge; Large Version - Golden Party Badges - NSDAP - SA - NSDAP - SA & SS - Germany - Europe

Golden Party Badge

They all are dark (instead of gold) at the frame, quite worn, the color is maybe not exactly the same as the two at Emedals, but it is quite the same as others they have etc.

I have no problem believing you at all, but is it not possible that it is just a "not well taken care of badge"?

I have not bought it yet (I was considering). But now, instead, I'm trying to point out to the person wanting to sell this what is wrong with it. He thought it was real and you can imagine he is somewhat disappointed. The problem is that I really do not see the difference between this badge and a real one...

Fake?Fake?

Yikes...you should have posted the reverse photos first! Not to be insulting...but Lordy, that is awful. The originals were a Very prestigious thing to be awarded and were made with the finest bronze materials as well as the enameling. This one? Uhh...not so much...lol
    William

Awful fake, lack of everything just look at the pictures provided by Slados, the differences are obvious, sorry that these are the news, but it s better to be sorry now than after you have spent your well earned money

YES. It's as far from an original as can be --- seriously... it's an abomination.

There's absolutely nothing here that's correct... enamel, wreath/disc, reverse attachment. It's just a bunch of glued together pieces of crap, possibly the ugliest GPB fake I have seen. Hideous.

Hoggorm....check out this link. It should tell you everything you need to know about the Gold Party Badges. Compare yours to the photos and the appearance will be obvious. Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP - Adolf Hitler Awards
    William

Thank you all for your assistanse

It would have fooled me

the first badge is a one looker and yes, it's a very bad fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2