Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Ladies, Gents Every few days a Party badge is posted for authentication and whether it's an easy-to-spot fake or not, it's a question new collectors and old ask frequently. With this in mind

The same unmarked fake as in post 1.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

And while we are here.. have a M1/14 fake. A lousy fake by all accounts, but still found listed as genuine regularly.

Thank you for posting some of these great looking fakes.

Steve, your badge is among the best looking fakes out there. The giveaway are the perfectly rounded letters.....something impossible in the period and only a machine could make such a mold.

Davo, you're too humble

Jo, post number 9 is a good fake. I'd like to fine one to see in-hand. Also the F.R. badge, I remember seeing it before and was impressed by this one as a quality fake.

A party today, so gotta run
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

I e-mailed the Collector's Guild about this pin (and the 'Deutschland Erwache 1933' pins in general) about a week ago, but they're still offering it for sale at $125.

The Collector's Guild

Edited to add: This has been removed from the main item listing.
    Last edited by Erno; 02-10-2014 at 07:16 PM.

That`s strange.. they pulled one last week ► The Collector's Guild ◄ and left another up for sale? LOL.... well i guess they too have bills to pay.

Awesome thread! thx for the info!

?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    That`s strange.. they pulled one last week ► The Collector's Guild ◄ and left another up for sale? LOL.... well i guess they too have bills to pay.
    Actually, I think that may be the one that I e-mailed them about. They have apparently removed it, so I apologize to the Collector's Guild for that mistake. However, I also mentioned in the same e-mail that all 'Deutschland Erwache 1933' badges are fakes, and that they wouldn't bear the RZM mark anyway. Why they only removed one, I have no idea, but to repeat, the one that I initially alerted them to (linked in the above quoted post) has indeed been removed.

I will e-mail them about the second fake badge.

?

Ok, I've alerted them, so the badge will hopefully be removed soon.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    T The giveaway are the perfectly rounded letters.....something impossible in the period and only a machine could make such a mold.
    Cant agree............

?

Although I might have been fooled by a few of the posted badges, I have only made it through a quarter of Jo's book and I am not fully versed in the parteiabzeichen overall, the large pin attachment device in post #4 and the attachment device used in post # 7 would have given me reasons to avoid. Would I have been correct for this reason alone or have these styles of attachment devices ever have been used on period parteiabzeichen?

Hummel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast