Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Ladies, Gents Every few days a Party badge is posted for authentication and whether it's an easy-to-spot fake or not, it's a question new collectors and old ask frequently. With this in mind

?

An update: The Collector's Guild has removed the above badge from their listing, and the person in charge has told me that he'll keep them on file so none of those fakes will be offered for sale in the future.

Quote by Hummel View Post
    Although I might have been fooled by a few of the posted badges, I have only made it through a quarter of Jo's book and I am not fully versed in the parteiabzeichen overall, the large pin attachment device in post #4 and the attachment device used in post # 7 would have given me reasons to avoid. Would I have been correct for this reason alone or have these styles of attachment devices ever have been used on period parteiabzeichen?

Hummel
    The large attachment was used on some badges, so that's not enough to dismiss it out of hand. I believe that no original badges have the 'M1/129' RZM code, but one of the others may correct me on that. As for number seven, that one is really bad. The letters, backside, pin, etc. are all very bad. It doesn't even resemble genuine enamel. Besides that, pins with no marking ('Ges Gesch.', RZM, etc.) should be treated with suspicion, though genuine ones do exist.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Cant agree............
    Jo, maybe a slight matter of opinion but there certainly aren't period lines and turns like on these here. These are laser sharp.

Fake/Repro ParteiabzeichenFake/Repro ParteiabzeichenFake/Repro ParteiabzeichenFake/Repro Parteiabzeichen
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

:-) Pages 465-469 It certainly was possible, not only that, it also happened. I know what you mean, and yes i agree that a good majority of fake badges have the CNC cut feel to them, and most of the time when you see this it certainly points to modern. But to say: "....something impossible in the period" - it was not possible to achieve this "modern" look back then with the tooling they had - is wrong, as pages 465-469 prove and as quite a few other very well made badges and indeed plaques show too.

:-) Pages 465-469 It certainly was possible, not only that, it also happened. I know what you mean, and yes i agree that a good majority of fake badges have the CNC cut feel to them, and most of the time when you see this it certainly points to modern. But to say: "....something impossible in the period" - it was not possible to achieve this "modern" look back then with the tooling they had - is wrong, as pages 465-469 prove and as quite a few other very well made badges and indeed plaques show too.
    They surely did achieve a look that is very close! Very very close, but not the CNC hairpin cut as the fakes above. If looking at a badge from 2-3' away, you can easily be fooled, but a closer inspection shows otherwise. I did look at the book and as you correctly stated..very close Nice badges BTW, the C. Lauer badges.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

A convincing fake on a stickpin - at first glance - yet still a fake no less.

?

Quote by Kurlandkessel View Post
    This is my Partei Abzeichen... any thoughts?

Thx

Kurland
    I'd say it's an original painted badge from E.L. Müller in Pforzheim.

?

Quote by Kurlandkessel View Post
    Thx Erno! I kinda thought it was a good specimen but I always prefer to have a second opinion! It's my only Partei Abzeichen that I have - which is in my shadow box together with my daggers.

Kurland
    I've never seen a fake late war zinc badge, but they probably exist. I bought two of these recently. They aren't as nice as the earlier enameled ones, but the transition nicely illustrates the 'rise and fall' of the Nazi Party.

?

Here's one that I haven't seen before; a fake sympathizer badge, marked 'RZM 41.'

Fake/Repro ParteiabzeichenFake/Repro Parteiabzeichen

Quote by Erno View Post
    Here's one that I haven't seen before....
    It`s known, same US makers as the bogus Dutch pins late 60`s early 70`s.

?

It`s known, same US makers as the bogus Dutch pins late 60`s early 70`s.
    Still, it's a bit of a break from the usual coffin plates!

Interesting that they'd fake a sympathizer badge in the '70s. They couldn't have been worth much back then. They'd probably catch a lot of newcomers off guard if not for the ridiculous looking RZM mark.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast