Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Ladies, Gents Every few days a Party badge is posted for authentication and whether it's an easy-to-spot fake or not, it's a question new collectors and old ask frequently. With this in mind

Quote by Erno View Post
    Well, if I had the necessary equipment and lack of morality, I would probably openly make and sell the obvious fakes like the kind we're accustomed to from Morigi, but I would also make better, less obvious reproductions and offer them in 'dribs and drabs' to the collector community.

As for the stick pin, that one is quite frightening! It would fool me, but even more worrying is that it would fool most experienced collectors as well.
    I fully understand what you mean about "dribs and drabs" but just not for the Party badge. Here's my thought process....I'd stamp $10 repros all day long instead of making time-consuming $80 badges that look perfect and distribute less. There are RZM badges I'll pay more for because you can't find them. And I pick on RZM badges because the faker would really have to know his business (Party badges) in order to make certain rare badges due to their markings to fit the era they belong to. So without the understanding needed for more expensive Party badges, the faker is limited to more common types, such as RZM. I hope that made sense I troll everywhere hunting for numbers I haven't seen before and always pay the premium to get them. When I do find one, it not gonna be a faker's rare badge.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it and not sure why it's a fake.
    Not sure either mate What about the fakes on Pp.418-420 as well as p.421 - same league.

?

I fully understand what you mean about "dribs and drabs" but just not for the Party badge. Here's my thought process....I'd stamp $10 repros all day long instead of making time-consuming $80 badges that look perfect and distribute less. There are RZM badges I'll pay more for because you can't find them. And I pick on RZM badges because the faker would really have to know his business (Party badges) in order to make certain rare badges due to their markings to fit the era they belong to. So without the understanding needed for more expensive Party badges, the faker is limited to more common types, such as RZM. I hope that made sense I troll everywhere hunting for numbers I haven't seen before and always pay the premium to get them. When I do find one, it not gonna be a faker's rare badge.
    Well, I was referring mostly to some of the other dies in the lot, and not necessarily the party badges. The Panzer destruction die, for example, could pay for itself with just a few strikes.

I`d put 10 large to better use. Buy 100 copies of The Party Badge book and sit on them for a few years. Worth their weight in gold they`ll be....

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Not sure either mate What about the fakes on Pp.418-420 as well as p.421 - same league.
    P.418,9 is another stickpin It's a great fake! I just memorized that font previously and I recognized it as a fake but only from what I've read and learned from you and others, not from any sort of experience with stickpins. So yes, it's a great fake that will fool most. But again, it's a stickpin and I don't meddle there, so I wouldn't pluck my buck on it.

P.421 The N E R badges. More good fakes. However, you must admit they display that surgical-cut style hakenkreuz akin to the Dutch supporter on the previous thread page that Erno posted. Besides your book, I haven't seen these fakes but I also don't look for them, they're not Party badges.

Sometimes pictures don't do justice for our hobby and it's possible the stickpin in question is easily deemed fake but from the photo alone, I just can't tell. You've been handling them for decades and maybe seen this one before?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Erno View Post
    Well, I was referring mostly to some of the other dies in the lot, and not necessarily the party badges. The Panzer destruction die, for example, could pay for itself with just a few strikes.
    Gotcha, that's a game changer. Yes, that would pay for itself right quick.

..... maybe seen this one before?
    Yes a good-ish fake i guess, but a fake none the less.

Have another fake...

Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen

here is my fake, as spotted by other members recently
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen   Fake/Repro Parteiabzeichen  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5