Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

gold NSDAP pin

Article about: Hello, I have a chance to get this pin.. looks like a 30mm I know nothing about these, and from what I am seeing with originals, this is no good.. But I want to make sure.. I am sorry for th

Default gold NSDAP pin

Hello,

I have a chance to get this pin.. looks like a 30mm
    I know nothing about these, and from what I am seeing
    with originals, this is no good..
    But I want to make sure..
    I am sorry for the small pics..
    Thank you in advance

gold NSDAP pingold NSDAP pin
    Attached Images Attached Images gold NSDAP pin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement gold NSDAP pin
    P
    Many

You are correct, it's a duffer. There's a few things wrong with this one but the glaring fault here is the two oval shaped letters 'o' that appears like this '0' when in fact it should be round like this 'O'. I'm sure others will point out some of the other bad points, but this one is the most obvious.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Your first impression was right.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The obverse, looking apart from the gold wreath and other slightly kitschy GPB attributes, looks more like the quality (lack thereof) and design of a shoddy "early" party badge rather than the precise nicely designed font one would see on an original 30mm GPB made by Deschler. Having looked at perhaps too many party badges during my relatively short handful of years collecting party badges this overall lack of Deschler quality to the obverse really does sticks out like a sore thumb and is more than enough to give two thumbs down --

Like Ned said I'm sure there are many other points that gives this one away as well but I'm not that familiar with the reverse configuration of these "military" style pin GPBs... so I won't go into detail on other features or the reverse --- it is really not needed anyway.

Here's a link that will surely help you further though: Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP - Pin Backs

Also, below is an image of the obverse of a 30mm GPB Deschler I used to own --- side by side you'll see how painfully lacking the badge you posted is in quality compared to an original.

gold NSDAP pin

Thank you to all that have replied..
    I have learned something new today..
    Thank you very much to everyone that replied..
    I will pass..