Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Gold party badge

Article about: No expert, but this one has some of the required points. The maker's name is off centre to the plate, there are not marks on the leaves......? Font looks pretty spot on....only my opinion ;-

Default Re: Gold party badge

Ok lets start the bidding for this one at 100 lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold party badge
    P
    Many

calm down boys,its only a badge.lol.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I would just like to ask, how many of these badges have you actually owed or handled?

I have had a few and in my opinion this one is ok.
    I've owned none of these! I just read the article but the photos didn't do me any good! If you read my latest post you'll see that i corrected myself and apologized for my mistake! You had your opinion and i had mine! After seeing the better photos i came to a conclusion! If i caused an y trouble then i'm sorry but i try to learn from this forum...

I, too, over the years have had several GPB's, both single and in pairs, Feuss and Deschler, and I can see nothing about this particular badge that says anything wrong. It is, in my opinion, as I said before, a good badge and certainly much sought after and will be no trouble at all to sell.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I've owned none of these! I just read the article but the photos didn't do me any good! If you read my latest post you'll see that i corrected myself and apologized for my mistake! You had your opinion and i had mine! After seeing the better photos i came to a conclusion! If i caused an y trouble then i'm sorry but i try to learn from this forum...
    Then don't comment on things you are not sure of. Sorry but it bugs me when people make comments based on little knowledge, We're all here to learn, and sometimes it's better to wait in the background until a more knowledgeable member comment.

incorrect advise could upset a sale, or even worse destroy someones confidence in their own collection

Minzi, nice Golden Party Badge!

Your Party badge surely is authentic based on its characteristics, and characteristics alone, period. Always do your research, come to a conclusion, and ask some opinions from someone you trust, as you did with posting here. As Tom stated, Jo Rivett is very knowledgeable and his opinion should be weighed heavily....if you're seeking an opinion. Jo will be the first to tell you not to listen to anyone 100% of the time, and instead, do your own research. I have asked Jo for his opinion several times (and it's always good advise!) and have learned something each time. I did not ask, "is this authentic?". William has been collecting and within the collecting circle for decades, I've trusted his advise before and am glad I was wise enough to do so. Collectively you received your answer and that's what's important. The gentleman that thought the badge may be a fake voiced his opinion as was asked for, and he has learned something too, which is what the forum is meant for. Nobody is an expert and we all make mistakes. Some know a lot and others know more, is all.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thanks everyone for all the input, I really appreciate it. I live in a small town and went to several shops,jewelers, pawn shops, even a museum, and not a single one of them was able to point me in a direction of an appraiser or anything. Not exactly sure where to go from here

You could contact a dealer and have them take a huge profit for there service of selling it or you could sell it here in the classified section. I'm sure on of our members would love to have it in there collection. You could also keep it, and start collecting yourself!!

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Then don't comment on things you are not sure of. Sorry but it bugs me when people make comments based on little knowledge, We're all here to learn, and sometimes it's better to wait in the background until a more knowledgeable member comment.

incorrect advise could upset a sale, or even worse destroy someones confidence in their own collection
    Take it easy! I said again and again that i am not an expert and i recommended to wait for other's opinions... I never said i'm sure! If it bugs you then it's not my problem! I made a mistake and i corrected it when i saw more photos!! I will tell you again that I MADE A MISTAKE!!! If the owner feels that i upseted his sale or destroyed his confidence on the item then i ask him to pardon me! I don't have tons of knowledge and i try to learn! I read the whole article of the badges and based my opinion (it was just my opinion, i'll say it one more time) on the photos given!

?

After looking around online I found some that sold for $700-$1200 in way worse condition than mine, but since you guys know so much about these, how much should I asking for? Just based on your opinions and experience.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast