Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Goldene Parteiabzeichen: real or a repro?

Article about: I initially thought this was a repro, but after looking at it carefully, I am not so sure, anymore. On the back it says "GES. GESCH" Then at the bottom it says " A. H. 30.1.39

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Goldene Parteiabzeichen: real or a repro?

I initially thought this was a repro, but after looking at it carefully, I am not so sure, anymore. On the back it says "GES. GESCH" Then at the bottom it says " A. H. 30.1.39" The end of the pin looks like it was cut with a pair of side cutters! But that could have happened AFTER it was made. What do you think? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images Goldene Parteiabzeichen: real or a repro?  Goldene Parteiabzeichen: real or a repro? 

2. # ADS

pjm
    ?

Default re: Goldene Parteiabzeichen: real or a repro?

Here's one site that shows a fake of ths badge but doesn't show the complete pin. The rough area of solder beneath the hinge also looks rather bad on the piece illustrated by Odessa1.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by pjm View Post
    Here's one site that shows a fake of ths badge but doesn't show the complete pin. The rough area of solder beneath the hinge also looks rather bad on the piece illustrated by Odessa1.
    It is possible, I suppose, that the original pin and catch were broken off, or somehow damaged, and that they were re-soldered (VERY POORLY) What do you think of the rest of the badge?

Hi Bob, you were right to be wary of this badge. Sorry but it is bad. Have a look at this website:

Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP - Adolf Hitler Awards

Compare the front to any original Deschler made badge and you will see it is very different in detail.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, really bad looking

Eric

I 'll add another fake to the list. I'll say that the date and AH are both protruding from the back of the pin. Correct me if im mistaken, but on real models, these were all pressed into the reverse using a stamp.

Regards,
    Jess