Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Hi Guys, been offered this badge. i have my doubt if this one is real..... can someone give me an opinion? thanks! Eddy

Default Re: Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

The pictures angled Mark, which distorts it slightly, if you look at the distance on the bottom dash, thats more like the overall stance of the piece........... IMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goldenes Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Eddy, I have edited your post, number six in this thread. Reason being, the link you provided belongs to someone who STOLE all the information from another site! They also issue "COA's" for FAKE items! Remove that site from your favourites list. They miss off the bit about the fakes they sell of course!

I have added the correct link to your post. This is the best site about this badge. Stephen, the site owner, has written a warning about that other site on his home page.

Here it is again for reference:

Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP

Cheers, Ade.

ok ade, thanks for the tip and thanks for changing it!
    so what do you think about this badge ade?

greetings eddy

Eddy,

I can guarantee that the badge you posted is completely fake. It's the most common fake type of this badge.

Raised stamping "Deschler etc" for example is very wrong, never happened. The quality is also pretty low, also the needle is wrong and it has never been replaced BTW. These are the typical needles on this fake type. And they are making better and better forgery's of this badge now but this is certainly not one of them, sorry!

Thought to tidy-up a few old threads.

It's been a long time since this thread surfaced and fresh eyes are always good. The badge in the OP is an awfully bad fake. Or, it's a fresh conversation piece.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Thought to tidy-up a few old threads.

It's been a long time since this thread surfaced and fresh eyes are always good. The badge in the OP is an awfully bad fake. Or, it's a fresh conversation piece.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

In my opinion it's definitely the former. As we know, Deschler were the only manufacturer of the larger 30.5mm Party Badge. The design of this incorporated a wreath around the edge that had 9 oak leaves either side with a crossed ribbon at the base and the leaf tips meeting at the top directly above the 'Z' in SOZIALITSCHE. Here is the original design where I have numbered the oak leaves on the right hand side to highlight this.

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Now let us look at the OP's badge. Note that the wreath has a total of 11 oakleaves on either side, but they meet directly over the letter 'O' instead. I have also numbered these, but down the left hand side to highlight the fact.

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

There lies the problem, and the proof that the OP's badge is a fake. It's very obviously at odds with the original design, and is literally staring us in the face if the badge is studied closely enough.

Hopefully that's tidied up this particular thread....

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-05-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

And, of course --- the enameled part of the obverse looks nothing like it would on an original either Awful --- just awful.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    And, of course --- the enameled part of the obverse looks nothing like it would on an original either Awful --- just awful.
    Really? I've seen a lot worse! I think the fact that there are a total of 4 extra leaves than there should be on the badge's wreath far more significant than this, or any of the other replies so far that had not come to a finite answer regarding the OP's badge, and that is the definitive nail in the coffin as far as authenticating or debunking this particular piece.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes --- although I have also seen worse I still maintain that this particular obverse really is that hideous to my eyes It literally screams I AM A REPRO, DAMNIT! No sign of that good old instantly recognizable organic craftsmanship.

But, just like you said, the wreath count is also yet another dead giveaway. Into the bin it should go.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Mark,

In my opinion it's definitely the former. As we know, Deschler were the only manufacturer of the larger 30.5mm Party Badge. The design of this incorporated a wreath around the edge that had 9 oak leaves either side with a crossed ribbon at the base and the leaf tips meeting at the top directly above the 'Z' in SOZIALITSCHE. Here is the original design where I have numbered the oak leaves on the right hand side to highlight this.

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Now let us look at the OP's badge. Note that the wreath has a total of 11 oakleaves on either side, but they meet directly over the letter 'O' instead. I have also numbered these, but down the left hand side to highlight the fact.

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

There lies the problem, and the proof that the OP's badge is a fake. It's very obviously at odds with the original design, and is literally staring us in the face if the badge is studied closely enough.

Hopefully that's tidied up this particular thread....

Regards, Ned.
    Hello, Ned

Good observation and one that didn't come to mind right away was the number of leaves, and right you are. To add, the leaves on the fake are flat with a ridge "bead" running down the middle, whereas, authentic badges have no ridge bead but simply a center high point to the more concave ridge line. Just a word of caution on the leaves meeting over the letter "Z" in Sozialistische.....Some authentic badges have a misaligned wreath and may align to either side of the Z. I have seen several examples of this.

The other things to note instantly are....compare this fake to Ned's authentic 30mm badge. The "S" beginning Sozialistische is closed like a figure 8 (circled in black) whereas authentic badges display and open "S" like Zorro style. The other huge difference is the spacing of the lettering. I highlighted in yellow color the size of the lettering within the inner circle. Lettering should not be as large and should be nowhere near the edges. Compare to the authentic badge.

I thing we have put this fake to rest, once and for all.

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2