Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hans Doppler, Wels - Painted Party Badge

Article about: Hello everyone, I was about to pick up a painted party pin, and wanted to make sure there were no red flags I'm missing. Sorry about the poor images. Thanks! Scott

Default Hans Doppler, Wels - Painted Party Badge

Hello everyone,

I was about to pick up a painted party pin, and wanted to make sure there were no red flags I'm missing. Sorry about the poor images.

Thanks!

Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hans Doppler, Wels - Painted Party Badge
    P
    Many

Hello Scott it looks fine to me

Doug

?

Please check my attached pic.

This is a 100 % reproduction !!

Do you see any differences ? Unfortunately I don't .

Just my 2c.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hans Doppler, Wels - Painted Party Badge  

The 5 and 9 look different on the one I posted. I don't know....

Hello RZM...are you saying your badge is a reproduction?
    If it was for me to make a choice I would have guessed that they were both good badges.

There are some considerable differences between the two badges markings,
    The one you have has got a corrupted RZM logo...just take a magnified view of the R for example.
    The M1/159 is different.

In my opinion the one Scott has is a mint zinc issue where the pin has retained the original silver.
    I did have a bit of a concern about the foreign object that looks to be sticking out from under the pin plate.

Is there any chance you can post an obverse picture of your badge?

Quote by avenger View Post
    The 5 and 9 look different on the one I posted. I don't know....
    I agree Scott...the M1/ looks similar but they do on a lot of these zinc badges but the 1 the 5 and the 9 are completely different.

I believe that whoever designed these badges produced the same obverse as there seem to be little variations in font and pebbling and it was only the reverse die indicating the manufacturers code that was changed?!...a scope for study I suppose.

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't paid for it yet, so there's still time to vet it if need be. I thought it was good, but if there's a question, I'm glad I posted it first. This maker didn't have an example in the official badges thread that I could find, though the index thread said there was one on page 70. All there was is an enameled example.

I suspect the object under the pin attachment is extra material from the placement of the pin, whatever they used to solder them in place?

?

Well , I got my badge from an english dealer and this guy owned a bunch of these M1/159 marked bagdes . He wanted 10 english pound for it and last not least he agreed with 10.00 USD . And it was offered as a repro.
    The pin and pin plate of my badge are made from shiny brass , which was never silver washed . If pin and plate of avengers badge is made from steel or silver washed brass , I agree , it's a different badge.

And if you check Jo Rivett's website , you also will find a M1/159 zinc badge . Declared as a repro!

Notice : I don't say avengers badge is a fake , I just say - I don't really like it . Probably I'm completely wrong and the badge is a minty original .

Avenger asked for opinions - and that's just MY opinion.

Thnx.

That's interesting info RZM.
    Looking at the badge that Scott posted it looks to be a nice patinated zinc badge: I checked out Jo's site and could find no reference to a M1/159 badge in his RZM section of badges or on any of the forums. There is not even on listed in his database.
    I'd appreciate seeing the link direct to his findings.

If the badge is a repro it is a damned good copy...even the paint colour seems to be spot on

Found a 1/159, posted by Woolgar ironically on the very first page of the official party badge thread. It wasn't indexed on page 70, I read it wrong.

It resembles RZM111's badge on the reverse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast