Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heads-up small Fake enamel badges

Article about: Helloooo Cant post images at the moment, just a quick heads-up on at least 2 small fake enamels up for sale at WAR BOOTY. Enticing fakes, and very hard to find originals of, so i imagine tha

Default Heads-up small Fake enamel badges

Helloooo
    Cant post images at the moment, just a quick heads-up on at least 2 small fake enamels up for sale at WAR BOOTY.
    Enticing fakes, and very hard to find originals of, so i imagine that even though none are marked sold, they already may be
    ITEM: MB1655. "DEUTSHLAND ERWACHE"[sic!] Early NSDAP Propaganda Badge $175.-
    ITEM: MB1654. Dutch Nazi Party NSNAP "NAT. SOC. NEDERL. ARB. PARTIJ" Membership Badge marked "KRUYT" $350.-
    Dont be caught by the rather "cheap" asking price, both badges are reproductions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heads-up small Fake enamel badges
    P
    Many

Cheers for the heads up on these.
    Forever vigilant

Cheers
    Dave

Heads-up small Fake enamel badgesHeads-up small Fake enamel badgesHeads-up small Fake enamel badgesHeads-up small Fake enamel badges
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the images. The DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE fake has sadly sold already, $175.- fleeced from some poor souls wallet :-/
    I covered these fakes on pages: 454-469 in my book. The same faker of these is also responsible for a few other "good-ish" fakes and fantasy badges, also covered.
    Hopefully the buyer will see this post, and in future maybe even be able to get his money back.

Thanks for posting these up, William. And a hello to you, it's been a while.

As Jo brings to our attention, these are fakes, and the KRUYT badge...NSNAP.....is a costly fake. Originals are very difficult to acquire and should be looked at in detail before purchase. The badges posted here, above, are the common round-bottom fakes I wrote a little article on in one of the threads. Look closely at the letters and it can be seen that each letter has perfectly round ends.

Mark
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 09-27-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo of course
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Folks

I may add the the DE badge is made fairly well with a fake Ferdinand Wagner logo on the reverse. The photo, above, shows the seller may have not been sure what it was and orientated it upside down. Here's an original, below, from a Party badge I have posted.

Mark

Heads-up small Fake enamel badges
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Mark, apropo Kruyt, i just sent you a mail. Yes the reproduction DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE badges are of very good quality, still, a fake is a fake, no matter of the quality.

They do look bloody convincing fellas, it's scary!

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Hi Mark, apropo Kruyt, i just sent you a mail. Yes the reproduction DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE badges are of very good quality, still, a fake is a fake, no matter of the quality.
    Absolutely Jo, a fake is a fake, and has no place next to authentic items in a collection, IMO. And the KRUYT badge in the post here is also done quite well. Not to be confused with the Ferdinand DE badge shown here, an original NSNAP badge by Ferdinand looks much different than the fake shown.

Hopefully, whoever bought the fake badge reads this thread and returns it. A sad fact is that many people have become interested in 3rd Reich material and have no idea the amount of fakery that is found in the hobby. The thieves are beoming better at their trade. Thanks to Jo, William and Greenhorn for bringing these items to our attention.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.