Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How do you display your party badges?

Article about: I'm kind of stuck on how I should display my party badge (mostly) collection and would like some ideas, just leaving them out on display in my cabinet has started to feel a bit cluttered see

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What a great thread!!
    I'll thank you since I'm a part of it, but yes, Slados has a good one going!

Slados, I tend to collect glass badges only unless it's a number I haven't seen before, so a rare one. Before my latest break away from collecting.....I found several numbers nobody has had and those were great finds. Jo comes across some good ones too, so that's a good source. Every time I get going toward a certain goal, an NS supporter badge comes along and I get it. This slows things down, but it's not a bad thing. Now that time will allow, my GPB can be properly addressed and posted and pics of numerous badges can get done and posted. Another half dozen are in the mail and some display parts too. There's been a change in life here, for the better, and I will have more time for collecting without a long break every year. The push will be on to complete some goals and some new ones may begin.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you display your party badges?
    P
    Many

I only have 2, the mint one goes in my party display frame and the relic one goes in one of my Stalingrad display frames (which I don't have a photo of at the moment).

?

Good stuff, I like all the displays shown

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I only have 2, the mint one goes in my party display frame and the relic one goes in one of my Stalingrad display frames (which I don't have a photo of at the moment).

Glenn, you have that laid out really well mate, it displays very nicely. That Stalingrad badge you have is a beauty too, I'd have that one in a shot! I have a couple of relic badges that were found on the Reich Chancellery site which I think are pretty neat, very symbolic of the collapse of hitlers empire.

Yes, a very nice representative display there! I actually used to display my first party badge, in a kind of relic condition, along with my other "real" relics too --- but that was before it all got out of hand

That said, seeing as I like the relics as well, I'll probably get myself a real ground dug party badge soon... just to add a tiny representative bit of politics to the combat side.A sort of rise and fall of the NS politics symbolism in there along with the combat side (that really speaks for it self for obvious reasons)...

Always interesting to see these displays, no matter how big or small --- I find that mine is practically ever changing and seeing other peoples ideas is a great way of jogging the creative side!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post

It's a fantastic political display, Glenn! Do you recall the maker of that badge, if you don't mind I like that little lapel/tie eagle too, they look great.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Sure! She's an M1/13, L. Christian Lauer, Nurnberg.

How do you display your party badges? How do you display your party badges?

Lauer made some really nice ones, a real solid design to that rzm piece--- thanks for sharing the pics!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Lauer made some really nice ones, a real solid design to that rzm piece--- thanks for sharing the pics!
    Slados, agreed, early Lauer badges are fantastic and hard to find.

Thanks for posting, Glenn! I remember it now, you posted on the Party badge thread some time ago. It's in excellent condition too!

Thought I would update this thread with a quick snap of how I currently display by party and slogan badges. It's kind of temporary but OK for now --- since my last post I have sold off a third of my party badges in order to focus more on early and transitional ones so I have a bit more room to move them around. They are now in "open air", so to speak, as they are no longer in a Detolf cabinet so dust is an issue.

Also, located an online site that sells glass cubes in all kinds of sizes but I haven't taken the leap yet as the shipping charges were kind horrendous (fixed shipping cost almost no matter how much one orders...).

Either way, just a little update. Please show yours!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast