Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How do you display your party badges?

Article about: I'm kind of stuck on how I should display my party badge (mostly) collection and would like some ideas, just leaving them out on display in my cabinet has started to feel a bit cluttered see

Very nice displays. I am still not sue how I will display my party pins yet.
    thanks to all who have shown us these displays.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you display your party badges?
    P
    Many

Default Party pins display case

Here's how I house my party pins. The box is a regular 'Volterra' type from Leuchtturm that is available here: Presentation Case VOLTERRA TRIO de Luxe, each for 8 US-SLABS - Lighthouse

The coin slab inserts have been removed and replaced by two layers of firm foam that was cut to fit the frame as well as the desired shapes of the pins. First layer was cut to the shape of the pin while the second one to the shape of its hardware, making sure the pins are resting on their entire versos. It was then covered with velvet fabric. The cutouts allowed for a recessed spots in which the pins are fitting snugly without much movement. It also helps to eliminate contact with top of the badges. Additionally the bottom of the two top drawers is also covered with velvet to help protect the bottom placed pins as well.
    Initially I was toying with the idea of allowing room in the bottom drawer for a silica gel packet but as moisture does not seem to be a problem where I live, I decided to pass.

cheers

Matt

Looks good but unless the case is open, the contents are hidden?

?

I like displaying party badges like this...

You're going to need a lot of tunics to display every maker and variant!

?

Glenn,

Your display case looks excellent. First class job on that.

CMH

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks good but unless the case is open, the contents are hidden?
    That would be correct. I had to face the reality of possible loss, if contents were easily accessible.
    Picture below shows my previous display- regular shadow frame with pins assigned by region.

cheers

Matt

Those pins that do not differ in the way of their geographical lineage were organized by date and/or event they represent. Same type frames were used although in different sizes.

cheers

Matt

Here's another small display that kept me busy one boring afternoon. Small piece of cherry wood, stained ebony and finished in low sheen. The piece is cut to represent outline of Germany's borders at the time. The piece was drilled from the back to accommodate the hardware of the pins so that they can sit flush against the flat surface.

cheers

Matt

Here's another display. This one was put together based on a genre. In this case- Industrial awards. Similar idea as previous ones although this one slightly deeper frame to accommodate the more three dimensional pins. Same mounting method.

cheers

Matt

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast