Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How were the NSDAP party badges manufactured?

Article about: Alright friends, I have a barrage of questions and I'm hoping to get a good discussion going on here for those who enjoy learning every tiny detail. I've done my research, and will post what

?

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    Just curious why we don't have his input on the forum anymore?
    Jo left (this forum at least) because he was disillusioned with it following the 'Nazi War Diggers' TV show debacle. I'm not active on the WA forum, so I don't know whether or not he still posts there. Either way, it's a shame that we've lost such a knowledgeable member.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How were the NSDAP party badges manufactured?
    P
    Many

Yes, there are quite a few reasons, the main one being the recent Gollum and his Grave Robbing pals saga. I guess that just brought home a fact that I have known all long but chose to close my eyes to. That being that this hobby houses some very sick individuals!

I am starting a forum for party badges on my website over the weekend, so those with serious questions can still post them, show images, ask etc….. Just not on an open forum where the thread will get trolled (or closed), or where some anonymous twat will post a one liner that an item is fake and then p××× off into the night as we have seen on every forum. (see the recent Swedish badges thread, where a badge that was recently bought for $2500.- was declared a fake by some nonce, who obviously does not have the slightest idea what he is saying, or the repercussions involved for both buyer and seller by posting what he did. I have since been in contact with the person who bought this badge and straightened it out.)

There are a few other reasons as well that I knew already but must have forgotten. A while ago I was told by one forum user that he has spoof accounts on most forums – 10 accounts or more on each! All fair and well really and I guess many forum users have a few accounts, for a few reasons. The problem that I have with that is that I am wasting my time talking to a user I don’t know, explaining, and hosting images, when it could very well be that the 3 or 5 users on the thread that I am talking to are all the same person.
    Then there are the blatant lies that dealers are telling us. It is getting worse by the day and is something that on a personal level I would be inclined to solve in a dark field, with a shovel.

Online, when you show collectors that they are having their pants pulled down, being buttered up and bent over… the response is seldom a thank-you anymore, but more an attack by supporters of that dealer, or an attack by forum members who own the same (fakes) and instead of wanting to learn, jump straight into a head kicking completion in order to make sure their (fake) items are still considered genuine by the majority.

A recent example would be the Parteiabzeichen für Ausländer that Weitze just listed for €4500.-, saying that it is the only one they have ever been able to offer in over 30 years, and they know of only 1 other such badge in-print. They forgot that they sold the same badge in 2009, with the IDENTICAL description [all bar the added lies] In fact, the description for the badge that they sold in 2009 is in the first footnote of the last chapter of the Party Badge book.

It is not about my book or the fact that I dedicated a whole b××××y chapter to this fantasy Parteiabzeichen für Ausländer. It is not about the price of €4500.-, (in 2009 they wanted €1900.- for the badge AND box) it is about the added lies to the old description in 2009. The same as the laughable HJ-Camp-Axe-Screwdriver combo that Johnson Militaria just listed a few months ago and subsequently sold as well!! It is not about Johnson getting paid 400 odd dollars for a stupid fantasy product, or Weitze or anyone else selling fantasy items and getting good money for them/it. Crap TR fantasy items have been with us since the 50`s, and will always be, it is not about that at all, it is about the blatant way in which collectors are being lied to by “names” and it is getting worse and worse. The more that people like me and others try to help, the more our legs are getting p××××d on when these arrogant dealers turn around and think up some nice description for an item that you, me and everybody else would get laughed outta town for.

So couple that Mickey Mouse behavior with the plain ignorance around, add the one-line posters who like to bomb threads for their own sick reasons, throw in some idiotic comments from people who get aggressive because their once thought genuine items are now PROVEN to be fakes – and round it all off with a jolly good sprinkling of Gollum and the Grave Robbers. Not forgetting that when you try to share some usable info with a few folk, it may very well be, one and the same troll that you are wasting your energy with.
    There are also small reasons as well that will pertain to individual forums and people but that’s a personal thing and doesn’t matter.

I also need to continue with the next book now that the wife is on her way to recovery. I will be off to England in May until the 22nd to visit family and tie up some odds n sods, and when I get back I will be concentrating on writing, my site and my family, and will save myself the Ärger of daily life on the forums. Each to his own, but if I continue reading and trying to reply to threads, it is only going to end in chaos. I, (and many others) am better off if I stick to my side of the fence, and they stick to theirs.
    Jo

?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Yes, there are quite a few reasons, the main one being the recent Gollum and his Grave Robbing pals saga. I guess that just brought home a fact that I have known all long but chose to close my eyes to. That being that this hobby houses some very sick individuals!

I am starting a forum for party badges on my website over the weekend, so those with serious questions can still post them, show images, ask etc….. Just not on an open forum where the thread will get trolled (or closed), or where some anonymous twat will post a one liner that an item is fake and then p××× off into the night as we have seen on every forum. (see the recent Swedish badges thread, where a badge that was recently bought for $2500.- was declared a fake by some nonce, who obviously does not have the slightest idea what he is saying, or the repercussions involved for both buyer and seller by posting what he did. I have since been in contact with the person who bought this badge and straightened it out.)

There are a few other reasons as well that I knew already but must have forgotten. A while ago I was told by one forum user that he has spoof accounts on most forums – 10 accounts or more on each! All fair and well really and I guess many forum users have a few accounts, for a few reasons. The problem that I have with that is that I am wasting my time talking to a user I don’t know, explaining, and hosting images, when it could very well be that the 3 or 5 users on the thread that I am talking to are all the same person.
    Then there are the blatant lies that dealers are telling us. It is getting worse by the day and is something that on a personal level I would be inclined to solve in a dark field, with a shovel.

Online, when you show collectors that they are having their pants pulled down, being buttered up and bent over… the response is seldom a thank-you anymore, but more an attack by supporters of that dealer, or an attack by forum members who own the same (fakes) and instead of wanting to learn, jump straight into a head kicking completion in order to make sure their (fake) items are still considered genuine by the majority.

A recent example would be the Parteiabzeichen für Ausländer that Weitze just listed for €4500.-, saying that it is the only one they have ever been able to offer in over 30 years, and they know of only 1 other such badge in-print. They forgot that they sold the same badge in 2009, with the IDENTICAL description [all bar the added lies] In fact, the description for the badge that they sold in 2009 is in the first footnote of the last chapter of the Party Badge book.

It is not about my book or the fact that I dedicated a whole b××××y chapter to this fantasy Parteiabzeichen für Ausländer. It is not about the price of €4500.-, (in 2009 they wanted €1900.- for the badge AND box) it is about the added lies to the old description in 2009. The same as the laughable HJ-Camp-Axe-Screwdriver combo that Johnson Militaria just listed a few months ago and subsequently sold as well!! It is not about Johnson getting paid 400 odd dollars for a stupid fantasy product, or Weitze or anyone else selling fantasy items and getting good money for them/it. Crap TR fantasy items have been with us since the 50`s, and will always be, it is not about that at all, it is about the blatant way in which collectors are being lied to by “names” and it is getting worse and worse. The more that people like me and others try to help, the more our legs are getting p××××d on when these arrogant dealers turn around and think up some nice description for an item that you, me and everybody else would get laughed outta town for.

So couple that Mickey Mouse behavior with the plain ignorance around, add the one-line posters who like to bomb threads for their own sick reasons, throw in some idiotic comments from people who get aggressive because their once thought genuine items are now PROVEN to be fakes – and round it all off with a jolly good sprinkling of Gollum and the Grave Robbers. Not forgetting that when you try to share some usable info with a few folk, it may very well be, one and the same troll that you are wasting your energy with.
    There are also small reasons as well that will pertain to individual forums and people but that’s a personal thing and doesn’t matter.

I also need to continue with the next book now that the wife is on her way to recovery. I will be off to England in May until the 22nd to visit family and tie up some odds n sods, and when I get back I will be concentrating on writing, my site and my family, and will save myself the Ärger of daily life on the forums. Each to his own, but if I continue reading and trying to reply to threads, it is only going to end in chaos. I, (and many others) am better off if I stick to my side of the fence, and they stick to theirs.
    Jo
    I value your opinions (and those of some others) because they are based on facts, something which is too rare in this hobby, in my opinion. There are people to be avoided and people to be heeded, and both make themselves apparent over time.

Back when I first joined I read some old posts about the "Nazi War Diggers" TV show and the issues it caused here, but I couldn't really make much sense of it as I never heard of the show.

I'm always leery about purchasing these TR relics. Even from 'trusted dealers' I never feel perfectly satisfied about whether the item is real or fake. Although I've never had any experience purchasing a $4500 item and probably never will. My experience is too limited at this point, but I'm sure as time goes on I will better understand what you have written here.

I'm glad to have the 5 or 10 members here on WR who reply to my threads and such. I've learned more here than anywhere else. I can google search on an item all day and never get the exact information I'm looking for.

Thanks for the knowledge on the party badges. That information is nothing I've ever been able to find online elsewhere.

Hi Jo, good luck with the new book.

I share many of your frustrations! You know I hate these bad guys too.

If anyone here or on any other forum I participate on is found with more than one user account they will be expelled instantly.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2