Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Article about: Hi, all. If anyone can help me determine if the following pins and badges (2 pictures each) are authentic or not before I purchase I would greatly appreciate it. I'm also curious if someone

Exclamation Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hi, all. If anyone can help me determine if the following pins and badges (2 pictures each) are authentic or not before I purchase I would greatly appreciate it. I'm also curious if someone can tell me what the nautical badge with the anchor is.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Novice needing help determining authenticity...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hi Adam, there is a mixture of both good and bad items here.

Re the badge with the anchor: it is good. Do a search on the forum for "Seefahrt". I have posted about this badge before.

The only other good item is the HJ badge with the 1938 date on it.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks so much, Ade. I will look over the info you posted on the seefahrt badge. By "good" I assume you mean authentic/original...is that right? Wow...I was fairly certain that the 2nd, cleaner NSDAP badge and the political leader's gold eagle were original as they were gauranteed by a dealer.From these pics how can you tell the fakes? Are there any books you reccommend for any kind of german militaria? I'm glad I have this forum to help me sort through this stuff.

Best,
    Adam

P.S. - I posted yesterday in the non-combatant forum on a badge, which "John" said was an austrian-hungarian assault badge. By the picture do you know if it is original? I am being offered it for $40.00. Thanks!

Hi Adam, yes, by "good" I meant original.

Books: I am working on a recommended reading list to be posted soon

Guarantees from dealers can mean very little: after all they are trying to amke a sale: items in question were poorly made and lack detail.

John's assesment of the badge was correct, but these are outside my collecting area so I cannot confirm or deny originality in this case.

Cheers, Ade.

must say i have to agree, a dealer saying its right means nothing they will say that to sell it to those who dont know right from wrong. Would hate to want start collecting german stuff in this day and age, (thank fully my dad started during ww2 , he was born in 39 and my grandad started him off ).when he was buying the gear , no one needed to do repro. !! If you are starting out be very careful , some good copies out there .. as new here , been looking at prices of stuff, dread to think what our gear is worth ..makes me smile tho when we know what it cost ,
    what amazes me is the fact they are also doing repro us/british stuff now.Christ when i think what we use to sell in our shop all those years ago .... happy collecting guys.