Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nsdap badge opinion

Article about: by Erno Jo, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have you seen this badge? It's a strange one that doesn't look immediately fake to my untrained eye. Seen it, and marked it on my list of

Quote by Erno View Post
    Jo, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have you seen this badge? It's a strange one that doesn't look immediately fake to my untrained eye.
    Seen it, and marked it on my list of "things to bash". Not today though. Why go dueling with pistols when the opportunity is there to bring a panzer to the fight My fleet is in service right now, but as soon as they have replaced the tracks and filled up with fuel..... it will be Barbarossa all over again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap badge opinion
    P
    Many

I would like you to tell me how to watch this fab says in German.
    I'd look for more on the German forums on this subject.
    Thank you and greetings from Croatian

Quote by Gabriel West View Post
    I would like you to tell me how to watch this fab says in German.
    I'd look for more on the German forums on this subject.
    Thank you and greetings from Croatian
    In German we call them Bierzipfel.
    Lg

Tnx

So Jo, by these new images, you are saying that it's impossible for this to have been made from a badge brought back by a GI in 1946 and brought to a jeweler to have a souvenir made? Interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    So Jo, by these new images, you are saying that it's impossible for this to have been made from a badge brought back by a GI in 1946 and brought to a jeweler to have a souvenir made? Interesting.
    William
    I am confused as to why you and others continually walk right into walls. Without fail each and every time it happens when i post something on this forum.
    Although i am Swiss, i can still speak and write English very well. I dont normally chose my words carefully because as you will all know, i really do not give a flying monkeys about much. This is actually my lebensmotto and not anything directed to a collector or forum member.
    Also without fail, you and those like you cannot simply keep quiet, or at the most hold your hands up and say "ooops, jumped the gun there.. learned something new.. just goes to show.. thanks for the information."
    Just from the few retorts here it is crystal clear to me that it is not information that you seek. Your reply is goading, your reply is what we see all too often on places like WAF - a picking and chosing of words from a post, a small amount of poison, mix that all up and dont forget to give those "chosen words" a healthy old twist!

William, you can read English, i know it, and i know as well that you did not read the word impossible in any of my posts. What you did read, pertaining specifically to the marrying of items such as these, was... completely the opposite. Why even post what you did? Just hold your hands up and say "Today, i learned something" Instead of trying to goad, trying to get the upper hand, trying to get out of a hole by digging deeper has never worked.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post

The owner could do this by simply looking at the place where the two items are soldered together - i.e: look at the solder under magnification. Once you have, it will become very clear if the two items were married a few months ago, a few years ago, or a very long time ago! That is unfortunately as far as it goes - "a very long time ago" could mean 40 years ago, or 80 years!
    ...I addressed this very problem in The Party Badge book...
    Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    From the images it is clear to see that they were not married last week, but very likely married - (yes i know - again) at birth.

Thank you for the polite response to a straight and polite question, Jo-it is appreciated.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    excuse me but heed your own advice please...!

if there's a problem with jO please settle it via PM.

Not everyone can be perfect like some of the others here, have to agree with this
    I knew you were going to say that and though you're completely right, I will gladly be called a hypocrite in this situation as to make my point. Mine was also a response to a direct entrapping comment made to me, and not a random act. Nothing drives me crazy more than when certain individuals come on here hidden behind a screen and steadily attempt to undermine the intelligence of other members due impart to their egotistical nature...almost as they get some kind of sick pleasure out of it. It's usually these same individuals who are never wrong. However, do allow me to apologize as you are right, I should've done it via PM just as I said you should've.
    Back to the item, my only point before snapping was if you define fantasy it doesn't say it means impossible only, but improbable too. Improbable means not likely, so no Jo, I'm not wrong again. I also said "in a sense," meaning a way in which a expression or situation can be interpreted, so clearly I didn't mean Williams statement was completely accurate. Furthermore I never once said any part of this creation was fake, only that the majority of these type of items which are found today were put together postwar; it's as simple as that.

Jo, you put this into quotations as if it's a direct quote of mine. "thousands of put together fobs you know of". You offer me the challenge to show thousands of postwar put together fobs, yet I never said the above quoted sentence or even the word Fob for that matter. Thank you for putting words in my mouth. And so you know, your smoke screens and sarcastic comments are pointless, I will never attend to one of your challenges, regardless if I have the resources to do so or not.

Hello Erno, fantasies do exist, but they're fantasies as they don't occur often, though it also means something that never occurs. I understand collectors have used and still use that word to only describe a item that never was, but the actual definition is not just limited to that. William knows the English language quite well, and this is what I got out of his post, though I might of been wrong.

"How can you say that it's correct to refer to an item that provably existed as fantasy? That's an absurd statement. If the item definitely existed and it's proven to have existed, it's factually incorrect to call it a fantasy, even if it seems improbable to you."-Erno

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast