Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nsdap golden badge

Article about: A nice matching set, from friends collection. I was asked not to show the numbers on the badges. Feedback is welcome.

Default Nsdap golden badge

A nice matching set, from friends collection. I was asked not to show the numbers on the badges. Feedback is welcome.

Nsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badgeNsdap golden badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap golden badge
    P
    Many

Anybody knows why there are black areas around the pin ? I was thinking these badges are gold coated and should never discolor?

I have genuine concerns about this set being original, but the photo's are not good enough to give a definitive answer. The fact that the party number is not being shown only exacerbates this as that is a sure way of identifying if the set is fake. Perhaps Erich S can give an opinion??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Johnny,

The 25mm Fuess badge is a definite fake. And from what little I can see of the 30mm Deschler, that'a also bad. Better wait for other opinions, but I think your friend may be disappointed I'm afraid.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Puffy enamel, obverses look pretty shoddy in general --- crudely executed, slightly enlarged font to the reverse markings on both, the Fuess badge seems to have the membership number in a straight line when, as far as I know, it should follow the lower rim in a circular fashion. Maybe some of these issues can be explained by poor photo quality but certainly not all as I see it. Dark areas around the attachments are probably due to re-attachment or possibly replacement... maybe the originally affixed ones were too conspicuous? That said, the obverse font is pretty good... so, if fake, pretty convincing all things considered.... especially considering the low level of most other fakes out there.

Not a pair I would pursue based on these photos, others may see /know things I don't and disagree but this is my personal opinion and I prefer to err on the side of caution --- these are not all that rare. Too many strange things accentuated in these photos.

Both are fake no doubt.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Puffy enamel, obverses look pretty shoddy in general --- crudely executed, slightly enlarged font to the reverse markings on both, the Fuess badge seems to have the membership number in a straight line when, as far as I know, it should follow the lower rim in a circular fashion. Maybe some of these issues can be explained by poor photo quality but certainly not all as I see it. Dark areas around the attachments are probably due to re-attachment or possibly replacement... maybe the originally affixed ones were too conspicuous? That said, the obverse font is pretty good... so, if fake, pretty convincing all things considered.... especially considering the low level of most other fakes out there.

Not a pair I would pursue based on these photos, others may see /know things I don't and disagree but this is my personal opinion and I prefer to err on the side of caution --- these are not all that rare. Too many strange things accentuated in these photos.
    They are both bad.

Regards, Ned.

But not all that bad for fakes either---

They're not good fakes. It only took one look to know that they were bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast