Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP - Heil Hitler=Ludendorff. A new NSDAP slogan badge in 2014!

Article about: I remember all too well reading Jablonsky`s excellent research book (The Nazi Party In Dissolution - Hitler and the Verbotzeit 1923-1925) more than once when i was writing the Party Badge bo

Default NSDAP - Heil Hitler=Ludendorff. A new NSDAP slogan badge in 2014!

I remember all too well reading Jablonsky`s excellent research book (The Nazi Party In Dissolution - Hitler and the Verbotzeit 1923-1925) more than once when i was writing the Party Badge book, in particular the part about the last underground NSDAP/NSFP meeting where Rosenberg stated that Hitler was getting slightly pxxxed off because his name was being abused, and (amongst other things) wanted Strasser to be the NSDAP representative while he was incarcerated. Rosenberg resigned his position in the same meeting, and stated that a new NS-leadership should not include Albrecht von Gräfe. Others supported this as well. (Von Gräfe as well as Ludendorff were never accepted as any real substitutes by the NSDAP in the north or Germany - thats not the issue here though, the north of Germany is irrelevant to this badge)

I remember thinking that maybe it was just possible that there could be a slogan badge without the name Albrecht v.[on] Gräfe?.. instead of the incredibly rare NSFP HEIL HITLER, LUDENDORFF, v.GRÄFE badges, (that to my knowledge only half a handful exist today -i know of three in collections/books) but then dropped that, seeing as the period involved is right in the middle of the Verbotzeit (time when the NSDAP was banned, all their money and items confiscated) not a time when any NSDAP member really worn any badge except possibly slogan badges.

THEN - an Austrian friend mailed me the following badge a few weeks ago, asking what i thought, - real-fake? - and if i was interested. Of course i was, any could`nt really believe it, as it was no mystery to me at all. Of course i have never seen one before, but i know a bit more about the period 1923-1924 than most.

No doubt made for, or around, the July 1924 underground NSDAP/NSFP meeting, WITHOUT Albrecht von Gräfe`s name !!!!!!!! And also, without a doubt, made by Deschler und Sohn!
    Incredible, excellent condition, never seen before.... just choice We are never, too old to learn or see something new.

N.S.D.A.P. HEIL HITLER = LUDENDORFF

Last edited by Jo Rivett; 03-12-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spellink

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP - Heil Hitler=Ludendorff. A new NSDAP slogan badge in 2014!
    P
    Many

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    also, without a doubt, made by Deschler und Sohn!
    This is actually very easy to support.
    Below are two badges made by Deschler und Sohn. A FRAUENSCHAFT badge that i got from a good friend of mine Don Boyle, a long time ago, made around late 1931-early 1932 and an NSDAP Parteiabzeichen marked Deschler.

• When you isolate the Abb. NSDAP on all three badges (From the Parteiabzeichen i took random letters to make up NSDAP) you can clearly see that they were reduced from the same master [die] lettering. Pay close attention to the letter S.

• The background pattern, or no pattern, is typical of Deschler as i explained on many pages in The Party Badge book.

• The vertical attachment and how it is soldered directly onto the planchet with no plate is also typical of Deschler.

I dont have any problems saying that without a doubt, this new slogan badge was made by Deschler und Sohn It just was not marked with their company name because it was made during the Verbotzeit

?

That is remarkable! This one is too rare to have been faked, as yet.

Quote by Erno View Post
    That is remarkable! This one is too rare to have been faked, as yet.
    It cant even be considered fake, (i know thats not what you mean) when you understand the history and circumstances that an item was made in/under, it fits, it just fits. The name DESCHLER & SOHN has also been milled off the reverse die, hence the long plane scores and a small part of the name still visible.

If someone was to say that with the name-milling-off part i was taking it too far, i would simply show this Parteiabzeichen (below) where you can clearly see that the company details are (half-heartedly) milled off. There is of course no proof as to why makers did this, but very easy to understand once you consider the Verbotzeit, and the 500 odd pages of rabble in The Party Badge Book that waffle on about it and waffle on... and waffle on.....

Boy you can do it.......

?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    It cant even be considered fake, (i know thats not what you mean) when you understand the history and circumstances that an item was made in/under, it fits, it just fits. The name DESCHLER & SOHN has also been milled off the reverse die, hence the long plane scores and a small part of the name still visible.

If someone was to say that with the name-milling-off part i was taking it too far, i would simply show this Parteiabzeichen (below) where you can clearly see that the company details are (half-heartedly) milled off. There is of course no proof as to why makers did this, but very easy to understand once you consider the Verbotzeit, and the 500 odd pages of rabble in The Party Badge Book that waffle on about it and waffle on... and waffle on.....
    Interesting. Do you know whether or not paraphernalia relating to the NSDAP and the production thereof was outlawed during the Verbotzeit, or just the Party itself?

going way over my head.

Once again, great stuff!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Erno View Post
    Interesting. Do you know whether or not paraphernalia relating to the NSDAP and the production thereof was outlawed during the Verbotzeit, or just the Party itself?
    Sure, the Party as well as all party insignia was prohibited, but not just from the Nov.`23 putsch onward, this already happened throughout Germany in 1922, so by the time of the putsch the NSDAP was already forbidden all over Germany, except in Bavaria. The end of the Verbotzeit mirrors the beginning, with the NSDAP being legal once more all over Germany by the end of 1924, and only still forbidden in Bavaria.

Certainly in predominantly NS-orientated pubs and such a party badge would have been worn, a flag would have hung, but in general there was no more NSDAP, just Ludendorff and a few crazies trying to consolidate all NS splinter groups into one umbrella organization, under control of the Reichsführerschaft. (Consisting of Strasser, Ludendorff....)

There were a few NS party's at this time, and swastikas being offered for sale in magazines like Der Stürmer. There were also other NS-organizations that were making and wearing swastika insignia too. The NSFP is one. Whether anyone gave a monkey`s if you wore a Parteiabzeichen or not on the streets i dont know. That period in time was so wild with all the NS-groups that popped up i doubt even the folk alive back then knew what was going on.

The NSDAP in the north of Germany had a leader, Volck, who was not having any of it and just waited for Adolf to be released and head/start the party again. No significant (if any) orders of party badges would have taken place during the Verbotzeit, there is just no reason, and no party to order them. Slogan badges yes, especially the NUN ERST RECHT badges as that is what their initial purpose was, as well as others. But no uniforms or armbands or anything else related to the NSDAP would surely have been made to any great number (if at all) during the Verbotzeit.

?

Excellent! Thank you for the very thorough answer. The early days of the NS movement are a very interesting and (for me) somewhat mysterious time as they relate to the objects we collect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast