Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Medal Thoughts

Article about: I purchased this DAP medal at a show and am having second thoughts. The medal looked to be in very good condition and was maker mark. Upon closer inspection, the maker marks now look not to

Default NSDAP Medal Thoughts

I purchased this DAP medal at a show and am having second thoughts. The medal looked to be in very good condition and was maker mark. Upon closer inspection, the maker marks now look not to be in the correct place. I also feel that medal may have been casted not stamped. The seller gave me a long story on how he found the medal, from a vet of course. I guess you can say I bought the story.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Medal Thoughts   NSDAP Medal Thoughts  

NSDAP Medal Thoughts  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Medal Thoughts
    P
    Many

?

Have you tried the search engine here on WRF ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have tried the search engine but no results. Wondering if someone has the answer, new to this area of collecting hobby.

JB

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I have tried the search engine but no results. Wondering if someone has the answer, new to this area of collecting hobby.

JB
    Did you search "Party Pin" ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I don't think there'd be many finds for 'NSDAP medal' other than maybe the long service medal. Generally, people call this a pin. Many threads for comparison on this forum, a very common item.

Regards,
    Bas

Hi, I see no problem with this badge, although the pictures of the front are too blurry to judge the enamel, the back looks correct, which is always a good sign. Maker is Bernhard Heinrich Mayer.

Welcome to the forum, and I would like to suggest to you as a new collector to this hobby that you familiarize yourself with several of the search engines that are on here. I would also suggest that prior to jumping into an area that you are not familiar with that you do some basic research prior to purchase. It will save you a lot of money and heartaches in the future. Reference books on these areas of collecting are abundant and full of great information. As I mentioned already...By investing in knowledge prior to purchasing an item you will save yourself a lot of money.

The collectors on here are very helpful and knowledgeable in their respective areas of focus. If you are not comfortable with the Party Pin after others have evaluated it, you may want to ask the vendor for a refund, or keep it and mark this one as a lesson learned.

For future reference, if you can take better and clearer pictures of the items you will get more feedback.. For example I cannot clearly identify the RZM maker code on the back..

Best of luck with your collecting..

Smitty

Thanks Gwar " Party Pin " had a lot of posts.

Smitty, thanks for the advice. I was not looking really looking for this pin but the price was right. I have been building up my research books on these collectables. I would be a lot more careful with my money on say a high end combat medal. Attaching a better pic of the maker mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Medal Thoughts   NSDAP Medal Thoughts  

It's a legit pin by Mayers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast