Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M 1/128 - Real or Reproduction?

Article about: NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M1/128 - Real or Reproduction? - M1/128 Eugen Schmidhäussler, Pforzheim

MaxMOI
    ?

Default NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M 1/128 - Real or Reproduction?

NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M1/128 - Real or Reproduction?

- M1/128 Eugen Schmidhäussler, Pforzheim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY)  RZM M 1/128   -  Real or Reproduction?   NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY)  RZM M 1/128   -  Real or Reproduction?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M 1/128 - Real or Reproduction?

Hello
    This badge is a fake. They are found on sites like Ioffer. The reverse markings bear no resemblance to a genuine
    M1/128 badge.

Regards
    Brett

Default Re: NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY) RZM M 1/128 - Real or Reproduction?

Brett is correct. This is much faked badge. The enamel is wrong, there is too large a gap between the M and the 1, the A and N in National touch each other etc etc

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello, the badge is indeed a reproduction, but the reasons given are wrong.

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello
    The reverse markings bear no resemblance to a genuine
    M1/128 badge.

Regards
    Brett
    This is not correct at all, in fact after the late 30`s, once the RZM M1/ numbers were well in use by German, Austrian and Sudetanland makers, we find a series of badges that all display the M1/ number in this exact fashion. We even find many different markings from the same maker, around the same time, which can be attributed to a sub-contractor (possibly)

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The enamel is wrong, there is too large a gap between the M and the 1, the A and N in National touch each other etc etc

Nick
    All three reasons given in this post are not only wrong, they are also not points that can, or should be used to determine authenticity. The gap between the M-1 are immaterial, the enamel on this particular badge is soft enamel (i know this because i have broken apart and inspect a few like it, that have the same makers number) but nobody can see that the enamel is post-war soft enamel from these pictures. You would need a microscope for that. There are good badges with poor, and indeed very poor enamel - the same as there are reproductions with excellent glass enamel. The fact that the A-N toutch each other has no bearing on authenticity whatsoever.

Forum

If I may add, this is the most commonly encountered fake out there. Your attention should be drawn to the gap between the S and O. This font is the most commonly faked font, luckily for us, it's well known. You will see this bogus font on different varieties of badges, some made quite well. It may not be so easy to tell from pictures but if you held this badge, most TR collectors should know it's not right. The overall look of this particular badge is also quite shoddy with it's perfect swas and borders and the flimsy, thin pin plate. Being a forum for collectors, I'll leave dealers out of it, but this badge is still often peddled.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Green. Does the doming of also doom it?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Hi Green. Does the doming of also doom it?

Eric
    Hi Eric, although the dome/cup/concave was regulated by the RZM, there are different degrees through the makers. During the RZM period, Party badges are more uniform, true, but there are still differences. Earlier Party badges, as you know, are bound by no rules. To answer your question, the dome degree on the badge shown above appears to be just fine. I'll post one in a minute that should ring alarms.

Not to sound funny but I though of you today. I was listening to a song called To Arms in Dixie. We share some thoughts. I like Civil War times and enjoy some of that old music.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Eric

This would be an extreme example. There are fake badges with less dome to them, but more than authentic badges. Before I build a collection of fakes I'd like to achieve some goals I have with authentic badges. I will buy fakes if they are priced accordingly but fakes I have seen on the net are fetching authenic prices.

NSDAP (PARTEIABZEICHEN - BADGE PARTY)  RZM M 1/128   -  Real or Reproduction?