Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSDAP pin, real or fake?

Article about: hello im new to collecting items, so when it comes to distinguishing originals from copies i am in dire need of assistance. the one thing that stood out to me was the back, it just doesnt se

Default Re: NSDAP pin, real or fake?

well I appreciate you helping me along this process, i have a lot to learn and im glad i didn't waste too much money on this fake!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP pin, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum, Schwartz.

It seems you have struck out a bit on this small lot. The NSDAP Party badge is a reproduction as members have stated. Slados28 rightly said, the font is more akin to the Transitional period and not a RZM font but the letting itself is just not correct. There are certain attributes that are hugely off, such as the wide flat letters that are too uniform. Also, the RZM era, 1935-45, Party badges would not display a mobile floating swas. Also mentioned was the reverse of the badge. The pin and its plate are incorrect but could be added to an authentic badge, but in this case, the badge happens to also be a reproduction. It is interesting that the markings on the reverse are done very well, Slados28! I have seen this font before and can't place where it was, but the badge is a fake, albeit, very well made.

Rbminis, Ralph, is of course correct in saying each item has to be reviewed for its own merit.

Schwartz, sorry you struck out here but hope you find one of the many Party badges that are authentic. There's a nice reference thread of Party badges you can peruse before purchase next time.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by schwartz View Post
    haha alright thank you, basically what we have here then is just a decent replica with good Zimmermann font
    Schwartz, just the reverse is similar to Zimmermann markings found on Party badges. The obverse is not similar to Zimmermann badges. Just so you don't get misled.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

For comparison

Zimmermann, RZM style

NSDAP pin, real or fake?NSDAP pin, real or fake?NSDAP pin, real or fake?

Zimmermann, Transitional style

NSDAP pin, real or fake?NSDAP pin, real or fake?

Well its a learning process, alot to look for and keep track of too! Thanks again guys for helping me along and educating me in this area, i will continue to educate myself and hopefully next time i make a purchase it will be an original! I have a collection of various pins and medals but the majority of them have been dug up and are in relatively poor condition. cant go wrong that way! But now i figure i will go out on a limb and start investing in some better pieces of history, and with the help of this page im sure it will be a success!
    thanks again,

Andrew Schwartz

Well its a learning process, alot to look for and keep track of too! Thanks again guys for helping me along and educating me in this area, i will continue to educate myself and hopefully next time i make a purchase it will be an original! I have a collection of various pins and medals but the majority of them have been dug up and are in relatively poor condition. cant go wrong that way! But now i figure i will go out on a limb and start investing in some better pieces of history, and with the help of this page im sure it will be a success!
    thanks again,

Andrew Schwartz
    Best of luck in your collecting! We'd love to see some of your relic items. If it's not a bother, please post, we love pics

ahhh okay i see, there are many diferences here, it looks very different. are yours flat on the face or rounded?

will do! ill try and get those up tomorrow!

ahhh okay i see, there are many diferences here, it looks very different. are yours flat on the face or rounded?
    The RZM badge is convex to some degree and the Transitional badge is more flat. With all due respect, unless is shaped like a bowl, forget about the shape of these things, they come in many degrees of curvatures and some early era badges are flat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2