Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband

Article about: Hey Pammy, Yeh the one I have looks like that one you just posted on the inside, apart from the sewing a to join the armband, I agree that my sewing looks very neat, but I am leaning to the

?

Default NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband

Picked these items up fairly recently.

I like them and hope they are all good!!!

I would like to know what "GESH.GESCH" means

your thoughts are appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband

"Ges. Gesch." the abbreviation of Gesetzlich Geschutzt which translates to legally protected design.

Sorry but the badge is a known fake. RZM "M9" is not the correct marking. These should be "M1" designated.

CMG Parteiabzeichen Archive

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news, but I would return the armband too. This is too well made. I don't like the material or the overlocked joint seam.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for that Ade, spose we all get stung sometimes.....

Indeed we do. Sadly it is all part of the learning process. We have all been there.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have emailed the dealer with the link you gave me. The dealer is really quite nice, had some troubles with the parcel getting to Australia, and they did help me out a lot.....but I have given them the proof you gave me. Again it is a case of I should have done my research before buying it, as it was my first foray into party badges!!!

?

Got a favorable response from the dealer. I am going with my gut on the armband though and keeping it. It could have been sewn after the war and the other examples I have seen, and held match this one, so I will give the benefit of the doubt on this one!!!

Many thanks again

?

I realy like the armband as its so minty.! Did you try the blacklight test on the white areas? If that turns out then for sure keep it as its in such good condition.!take care

armband is of the wrong type of material ,,,it should be cotton ,not with the funky style weave as shown,,,if one item from a dealer is bad,usually the second one is too,,,i would return the band as well

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    armband is of the wrong type of material ,,,it should be cotton ,not with the funky style weave as shown,,,if one item from a dealer is bad,usually the second one is too,,,i would return the band as well
    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, but I may be gullible, but from other examples I have seen and held, that are ridgey didge, I still like it, the pin is obvious fake to me now, hard evidence from ade proves it, but apart from the stitching at the join, the rest feels right........call me crazy but I am going with my gut on this one and keeping it, if it turns out later on to be fake, then more fool me and I will clock it up to experience!

Though I do appreciate all your input and take all views on board to broaden my horizons. I just get a good feeling from it.

?

Quote by pammy View Post
    I realy like the armband as its so minty.! Did you try the blacklight test on the white areas? If that turns out then for sure keep it as its in such good condition.!take care
    I will try the backlight as I have a mate who may be able to help on that side. If it is wrong then so be it, but I like it and will keep it in my collection to compare, and learn from

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast