Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband

Article about: Hey Pammy, Yeh the one I have looks like that one you just posted on the inside, apart from the sewing a to join the armband, I agree that my sewing looks very neat, but I am leaning to the

?

Default Re: NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband

Those typ armbands came with all different typ eagles as well.go to a few different dealer sites so you can see the different ones.here is one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband
    P
    Many

?

Thanks pammy, yeh I am still of the opinion that given the situation these were issued there could have been many variations in style, fabric etc. So I am not totally ready to dismiss this one yet

I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with the not liking the armband. I'm not saying it's not authentic...it could be. But if I could get a return, I would. But hey, I have some collar tabs that some folks (not on here) thought were fakes, but they aren't!

?

Thanks Howitzer,

I listen to all comments for and against here, so any input is appreciated. I think with some of these things you never know and you always take a punt buying from dealers online, its a gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It wasnt a lot of money, I dont spend big money on things unless I am very sure of it......so at this stage I am going to keep it and take my chances!!

here is my example of an armband i would keep,,,i never have seen one with the diagonal weaving such as yours,,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

?

I dont see a weave the inside looks like this one .THIS ONE IS 100% ORIGINAL AND LOOKS JUST LIKE THE ONE WE ARE TALKING ABOUGHT.PLEASE POINT OUT WERE IAM MISSING SOMETHING?REALY IF I AM THEN I WANT TO LEARN MORE.THANKS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

?

thanks for the pics, I can see the differnces you mentioned. But if I may play devils advocate, given the time period these were made, could we expect to see varitions in weave, etc.....

?

Is the one we are talking abought like this inside?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband   NSDAP pin and Volksturm armband  

?

Thanks pammy.

Looking at the other pic again, i dont see a great deal of difference, I think mine has been folded over and sewn at the edges, giving that cross weave look. Your pic looks very much like mine. I get a feeling mine may have been sewn together post war given the overlocking and the thread on the hem looks post war....POSSIBLY....mine was Tidied up by someone after the war????? I am doing the blacklight test tommorow....but yeh the actual printing and armband itslef looks very similar. The font on Militarymainias is similar to mine too, even down to the "E" on Deutscher where the middle line on the "E" seems higher.

?

Here is a closer picture of a real one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast