Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition

Article about: Thought I might share this one, found it about a year ago while metal detecting on a field in Germany (yes, I have a permit) where there used to be a road (which my grandma, she's 90 now sai

Default Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition

Thought I might share this one, found it about a year ago while metal detecting on a field in Germany (yes, I have a permit) where there used to be a road (which my grandma, she's 90 now said used to be very muddy) and possibly the soldier who wore it lost it, anyway, still in quite nice shape, I have heard these are rather rare, can someone maybe also tell me about the makers mark on the back, the SO or OS or whatever it is, thanks in advance, hope you like it, was quite shocked when I found it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition   Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition
    P
    Many

Rotated the first picture, because they were flipped.. again, though I think the one should do the other side is not that important, took the pictures the day I found it 15.4.2018, if needed, I can take better ones aswell.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition  

Found some more pictures, the badge in as-found condition and other finds from that day, exploded 37mm FlAK grenade, forged nails, German tunic buttons, .50 cal, .30-06 etc. bullets and other things. P.S., I'm sorry, the things were found on the 14th not the 15th and the badge probably lost during the fighting on the 7th of March 1945, when the almost completely destroyed city of Euskirchen was captured by US forces.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition   Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition  

Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition  

RMD
    ?

Hey there, PotatoDigger.. Hope all is well.

.. Haven't had a chance to do any research on your find here, but it is on my list. Very cool find. Thanks' for sharing.

If I can find any info on this pin, I'll post here later.

Take care.

Good find ! Well , it’s thought that the OS is the maker mark for Otto Schickle Pforzheim .
    Period badge with double stars and Ges Gesch and yes , these slogan badges are popular among badge collectors . Unfortunately condition is also a factor and this one has seen better days but a cool find nonetheless. Good luck detecting !

MAP
    ?

Finding an item yourself is so much nicer than buying a pristine one from a website!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RMD
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Finding an item yourself is so much nicer than buying a pristine one from a website!
    ............... Absolutely agree. Not that I have ever found anything, but I can imagine if I did, what a thrill it would be

Thanks for your replies, very much appreciated , and yes, so far everything is well .
    Would be nice to know the maker of the badge, if RMD can confirm that jimmy is correct.
    I can only recommend metal detecting as a hobby, you get out, find old relics and stuff, but 98% of the things you dig are modern junk, mostly torn apart cans and such, but it's all the more rewarding when you do eventually find something , so don't get your hopes up too high!
    Luis

Decided to take some better pictures today, also put some of my other finds (far from all) as a bit of decoration in the background Hope ya like it.
    Luis

Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition   Nun Erst Recht badge, semi-relic condition