Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Another great looking badge!

The DE badges are my favorite slogan badges because they signify the beginning of something "big" to come.

Of course I'll post some of my other badges. Just finished photography on a few, now just need to go through the pics and get them ready. Mind you, I'm probably older and not as computer savvy as you young bloods. lol

And yes, I couldn't agree more, less interest in badges equals more badges for you and me. There are a few other guys who collect badges but maybe not as regularly as we do. And now that some of the fakes are getting really good, there may be even less collectors.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Solid early badge --- seems this one's also out there without any makers details/unmarked

Steinhauer u. Lück

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

I have to add one thing, and it's about RZM badges.

Although they are among the most common Party badges, some numbers are very, very difficult to find. The fact that they are so difficult to find, makes them very collectable. The obverse may look very similar, or exactly like another RZM badge, it is in fact a rare and highly collectable item. I would trade off a hundred M1/34's for a single M1/95. As the Party badge gathers steam and they get into advanced Party badge collections, an M1/95 will be highly sought by that collector. Surely they are not as fun to look at, and I agree with Slados on that, but I'm sure everyone can appreciate a rare item. It's like what a Round 3 is to the Iron Cross.

So keep collecting 'em guys. The more you look, the more you'll find really good ones. I found a rare RZM badge at a flea market a month ago. I knew it was a number I didn't have but had no idea what I just found until I got home and looked at my badge list. I couldn't be happier to find it for $40!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Granted, they are definitely collectable and there's a good amount of rare numbers out there. The reason I gave up on them was that I personally felt I couldn't justify "hoarding" badges with near identical obverses... they all display individual characteristics, to varying degrees, but the fact that most of these are observable for the most part under some kind of magnification (and making this apparent in a display would take quite the effort, although I guess it could be done) made me drop them more or less all together and rather focus in on the earlier periods. I've found that I'm very visually oriented that way ---

Personally I'd rather have a kooky nice condition transitional or early badge rather than a handful of near identical RZM M1 examples "only" differentiated by numbers --- not a stab at collecting them, it's just my reasoning behind leaving them more or less out of my collection.

On the other hand it's of course real fun to work on a list in the hopes of eventually completing it some day --- it's just a more completist way of collecting, imo... dare I say even bureaucratic? One which I admit to have fallen for in other fields of collecting several times before... it gets real expensive and I've always run out of space way too fast

?

Default Any help on this pin

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.Any info on his one?

Looks like a nice condition badge by Carl Poellath-

?

So this is orignial?

No problems as far as I can tell --- not a rare maker as such but enamel examples, especially good ones, are not that common compared to enamels from other dime a dozen makers.

?

What is it worth

Another quick note...the Forum here is not a free evaluation service...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast