Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Thank you, Paul --- not just talking about my own efforts of course. I guess it's just that the "political" side is not that much cared for on here... even though I myself always see these badges in a wider socio-economical context, more like a "rise and fall" of the NS/German society in general kind of thing, rather than viewing it as just a bunch of similar NSDAP membership badges. There's also the the tangible craftsmanship behind them, increasingly so the further back you get --- I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

?

my little contribution:

?

Default M1/44

Hello Guys ,Here is a M1/44 I have maker C Dinsel ,the hyphen is missing between the L and S .regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

?

Default M1/34

Hello ,Heres A couple of pics of a M1/34 Karl Wurster ,that as just arrived ,Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Here is my first badge and I'm so happy about it! The pics isnt that good but still.

Gustav Hahl M1/62 (Is it Hahl or Hähl?)

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

A couple of nice looking badges there gents, great stuff!

Nice "early" looking marking on that M1/62---

Would some one or a few of you give me a little background on non-RZM marked pins and RZM marked? Any info on the maker Deschler & Sohn?

-1920-1933:

Party badges would be either maker marked (symbol, abbreviated or full name) and/or bear the Ges. Gesch mark (Gesetzlich Geschützt) or simply be unmarked. Variations all over the place, no real regulations other than adherence to the basic design.

Badges by Deschler u. Sohn would typically be marked Deschler & Sohn , often with the added München and with the Ges Gesch marking (or any slight variation thereof). Also seen are badges with pin plates marked Deschler & Sohn München 9 with the added Ges Gesch on the planchet itself.

-1933-1935:

A period in which the production and distribution of the party badge transitioned into a more organized form by way- and under the rule of the RZM (Reichszeugmeisterei).

Each maker allowed to officially produce the NSDAP membership badge was assigned an RZM number, for example in Deschler u. Sohn's case 52.
    Their badges were then accordingly marked RZM 52 --- slight variations both from the same maker and between different ones are of course observed as well.
    -1935-1945:

First few years of this period were spent fully transitioning into another added part of the RZM system --- this addition further specifying exactly which type of NS related effects the maker was authorized to produce.
    In the case of party badges we have the prefix M1, a code signifying a license to produce Metallabzeichen (althought not limited to party badges).

So, if we take Deschler u. Sohn as an example, again, their badges would consequently be marked M1/52 plus bearing the RZM logo there on out.
    There is of course the "late" period as well, signifying a change over to other lower quality metals due to the increasing demands of the war effort and, most notably, these dire times consequently spawning the last incarnation of the party badge; the painted badges, often using zinc planchets and whatever white and red paint that was around.

I don't have much actual history on Deschler u. Sohn but hope this at least answered some of your questions.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    There is of course the "late" period as well, signifying a change over to other lower quality metals due to the increasing demands of the war effort and, most notably, these dire times consequently spawning the last incarnation of the party badge; the painted badges, often using zinc planchets and whatever white and red paint that was around.

I don't have much actual history on Deschler u. Sohn but hope this at least answered some of your questions.
    Thank you so much, this is very helpful and interesting. So, a "Deschler & Sohn - Ges. Gesch." no RZM would be early and of good metal, good quality?

William

Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast