Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Forum

M1/93 Gottlieb Friedrich Keck & Sohn. On the obverse, the lettering is perfect as is the bright red enamel. The white enamel has nary a scuff. Look at the finely outlined, in silver, swas! The stippling is the commom dot pattern. The reverse. A common round pin plate for attachment and "groove" marks for properly aligning the pin. RZM mark with two circles and a crossed Z, and the droopy 3 in the maker number. I tried to get a shot of the side to show how convex these badges get. Many fakes are concave to such a degree, one can tell a questionable badge by it (see dome/cupping on newer fake M1/129).

Keep em comin' guys

Green

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Forum members

M1/63 Steinhauer & Lucke lapel button hole in opaque enamel. Several shots were taken of the obverse to capture the details in sunlight and shade . Zoom the pics and you will see the red opaque enamel having black specks throughout. These specks/dots are said to be manufacturing imperfections. I believe it may have been part of the "formula" because the white enamel surely has no "imperfections" at all.

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-27-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Blasted typo!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Gday all,
    My one and only (at present).
    M1/72 Zimmermann I believe

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Cheers all.
    Sorry the image is a tad bright.

Dave

A fine Zimmermann with thin font! Thanks for posting.

I know you guys got em' please post your badges.

Green

Ladies and Gents

Here is an early NSDAP Party badge with no RZM or marker marks. The color of the enamel, I can only describe as black cherry. When viewed in flourescent light, or shade, no stippling can be seen. These photos were taken in direct sunlight and the stippling can barely be seen. Of note is the back being marked Ges Gesch on the pin plate and on the badge itself. Pin plates can be found marked in this manner until 1945 although not common after 1934-35. This type of badge was made in the early years (1920-33,4) prior to the transitional period and RZM years. This badge is considerably smaller than an RZM sized badge.

Particularly, if you enlarge the photos of the obverse it will be seen how crude the font was prior to RZM contol. Some letters are fat, some skinny, some fat and skinny. All three S's are different. The circular island where the text band is, can clearly be seen as separated from the inner and outer circles. I can only imagine the craftsman pouring the enamel into the recesses! These dies must have been hand carved.

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.[ATTACH]324740[/ATTACH[ATTACH]324742[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-27-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Content

Forum

M1/90 Apreck & Vrage. This is a nice variant with a backwards slash ( \ ) separating the M1 and maker code. The RZM has only one circle on this badge and no guide grooves for the pin. This one has seen some usage but without the magnification, shows very well in a display case next to its kindred.

Greenhorn

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Here is my recent pick up from Carl (TIGER88)

Marked M1/85, this Alois Rettenmaier of Schwabisch-Gmund item is a circa 1935 piece.

I love the classifieds! Thanks again Carl.

-Cody S.

Cody

Nice variant RZM badge! Carl should post some of his badges to this thread.

Green

I'll have to tell him too next time I chat with him.

I'm very new to these Party Badges, so what makes it a variant or special? I just bought it to go with my NSDAP Membership book.

Thanks

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    I'll have to tell him too next time I chat with him.

I'm very new to these Party Badges, so what makes it a variant or special? I just bought it to go with my NSDAP Membership book.

Thanks
    NDShooter, the M is split from the 1, in M1/85. Not common during RZM years for makers to do this. I have seen that this maker was a rebel and made badges this way. It may get confused with transitional years but transitional years will show the M only and then Maker number, no #1. Your badge is more desirable than other RZM badges. This style badge, by this maker, was made from 35-end of TR

I'm also pretty new to these badges, to collecting in fact! Isn't it a blast?!

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast