Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Ryan, sorry to hear that! I hope there is the slimmest chance you may find it!?

Post 'em if you got 'em guys!!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

M.1.25 Rudolf Reiling transitional badge

Compare this badge to the first 25 I posted and you will see a starck difference. I stink at Photoshop and just can't seem to get good comparison mixed photos, so you will just have to zoom and compare them yourselves for now.

From a foot away, you barely notice a difference, under magnification, quite different. The RZM logo and maker number are separated with a period and not a forward slash. The enamel work is excellent, like its later RZM sister.

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Greenhorn, interesting about the dot have never seen one like that,which made me check a few of mine,i noticed on my post #27 rzm m1/77 ....there was no forward slash but a backward slash and also on post #16 AND POST #26 on rzm m1/90 reversed???????.........DAVE H

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Greenhorn, interesting about the dot have never seen one like that,which made me check a few of mine,i noticed on my post #27 rzm m1/77 ....there was no forward slash but a backward slash and also on post #16 AND POST #26 on rzm m1/90 reversed???????.........DAVE H
    Hi, Dave Yeah, isn't that neat. I also failed to mention that the swas is really fat compared to a standard RZM style badge. This is clearly an early transition badge. Keep looking at your badges and you will start to notice details that you haven't seen before, like the shape of the O's, and the spacing between certain letters and dashes. The acronym D.A.P. has round periods between the letters....I have one badge that has rectangles between the letters. These details get missed unless you enlarge the photos a great degree and start looking. It's pretty fun to compare them. If I was worth a crap at Photoshop, I'd post what I'm looking at. Photoshop is so complicated I will have to asky my children to teach me, LOL

Post 26 is the same maker as my posted M1\90 A & V, so yes they are the same. For some reason it's common for this maker to use that backwards slash, a Rebel of sorts! The badge marked this way is not rare for the maker but not a common marking for these badges, if that makes sense. Now, your F & B badge, M1/77, usually marked them with a forward slash, so you have an odball for this maker, nice find! Next time I take pics I will post a Deschler badge with a mini RZM mark...it's pretty neat also.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 04-12-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: punctuation

Guys

Some nice badges are getting posted. Thanks and keep posting!!

Folks

M1/34 Karl Wurster. Of note is the thin font of this maker. It may not be as noticeable when free standing but compared to most other makers, it evident. Also, look at the periods in D.A.P. they are rectangular instead of round shaped.

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Lovely badge, Green, it's in spectacular condition!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Lovely badge, Green, it's in spectacular condition!
    Thank you, Sandgroper. I'm glad someone is enoying it as much as I am.

Two Painted versions, m1/14 and m1/128The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Two more, One just Ges. Gesch and the maker mark? no number, the other M1/34 both have signs of the enamel, i beleive these were in a batch of dug items i traded for some paratroop items dug in Holland 1999...The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Decided to show these due to the coffin shape on the one pin???

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast