MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Fellow forum members

Up for your viewing is this well used Karl Hensler badge.

M1/6

This badge has an interesting RZM mark. One circle with the M being integrated and the Z has a band, or strap over it. This badge has a nice dome to it also. If a badge is more concave than this one, questions should be asked.

Green

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Another beauty Green, well done mate!

Forum friends and Party badge nuts

A not too common St&L Party badge marked with its STL symbol.

This is a great looking badge, the reverse is as intersting as the obverse. Great borders and lettering for such an early period badge, lovely!

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great stuff Green!

My latest, an M1/105, Herman Aurich of Dresden. Thanks Jase!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Just took receipt of my first badge--- A well worn/loved M1/42, "Kerbach & Israel of Dresden", as I learnt from sandgroper's posting of his own example.

The only differences seem to be that the RZM on mine has an added circle and that the pin has been applied the other way around compared to his example.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

I just love the crackling and wear of the white enamel and the quite vivid sparkling gold outlining the font and swastika. I was also really surprised at how relatively heavy the badge was, these are truly solid pieces of artistic craftsmanship in their own right... gotta love em!

Oh yeah; interesting story about the maker... "Israel"

Welcome aboard mate! These things are addictive, I'm sure you'll have more before long. Great badge!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Great stuff Green!
    Thank you, Sandgroper! I like your badge also, that outside border is huge, makes the badge look great! Nice find.

Slados28

The badges with a border around the swas look great, don't they! Love 'em too. I like badges that have usage to them too, also the minty ones though. Heck, they are all great! I'm not crazy about too much missing enamel and stay away from them.

Your badge looks great in its well worn condition, great start to your collection and thank you for posting it. You mentioned the pin being orientated differently, it's ok. It's possible the pin was replaced? It doesn't seem to match the wear of the badge. No big deal, but that may answer your original thoughts.

You noticed how heavy the badge is. Funny, I thought the exact same thing. And they are made so damn well.

Congrats on your first of many!

Green

Thanks, guys! I think these along with some of the early examples that have been shown here are the best looking ones... that said, they all seem to have something going for them upon closer inspection

Greenhorn:

You're absolutely right about the uneven wear when comparing the actual back of the badge to the pin --- doesn't look like a recent job though.
    On this particular topic, regarding replaced pins, I do have a couple of questions for you guys in the know; were the originally applied pins made out of the same metal as the badges themselves? Just wondering if there was a general rule of thumb or something for this that was applicable between all of these different makers...
    And also; were the pins actually made "in house" by the badge makers or were these sourced from other independent companies? Just a couple of things that would be interesting to know..

Anyway, more to come... I guess? Can't stop now..

add: Noticed just now that there's actually three different variants of the M1/42 badge posted in this thread:

There's mine and sandgroper's which are both sporting the pearl-like effect in the red enamel but have differing RZM's on the back, and then there's STUG III's badge that has a flat red enamel on the front but then again it's sporting the same double circle RZM and pin positioning as mine --- three clearly different variants of the "same" badge, interesting.
    Last edited by slados28; 07-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Page 27 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast