Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Oh.... one thing that I really like about the badge I posted just now is that it's got this very accurate and well defined kind of stipling in the enamel. Viewed in hand it gives off a nice dark red effect, this also gives the red color a lot more depth --- looks a lot more "high-end"/precise than ones with the bigger and less accurate stipling. This effect is very hard to bring out in photos though... maybe when I get the extension tubes for my DSLR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Nice badge mate! These things really are addictive aren't they?

Thanks! Addictive indeed...

Side note: the speed limit signs up here are white with a red outer border and black lettering in the center....

Late-war type?Or maybe a transitional.... I'm seeing Party badges everywhere these days
    Last edited by slados28; 08-03-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Back on topic:

Here's another one I picked up: Ges. Gesch unknown maker

edit: inserted bigger photos
    Last edited by slados28; 08-03-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Wow, an explosion of badges and they all lood great! If I may say so, nice finds, guys.

Slados28, speed limit signs that look like badges? lol you are hooked, friend Nice stuff you've been posting, congrats! Those Transitional badges look fantastic don't they? Some great unique designs and stippling patterns to them.

Sandgroper, nice Zimmermann. Then again, you seem to find all the great conditioned badges! I like the 7 in the maker mark, Zimmermann really made that number look great on their badges.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Green, I've got a couple more in the post as well so they should be here in a week or so. You have some fantastic badges yourself mate and the photographic skills to show them off properly, something I fail in miserably.

Slados, we have the same speed limit signs here but I'd never thought of them as looking like party badges until now!

Thanks Sandgroper. Your Zimmermann pics were well done! Looking forward to your new arrivals. Took pics of a new Transitional badge, will post it shortly.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    and the photographic skills to show them off properly, something I fail in miserably.
    This sounds like that Tarantino Film Reservoir dogs .. i`ll be Mr. Pink then
    Guys, taking good clear images of small badges is not as hard as you might think, in fact its dead easy, and cheap. Forget your 24 Megapix. cameras, and your $500.- white photo-box plexiglass studio boxes. All you need is a good Macro-Camera, and when it comes to macro-phototography, the LESS megapixel the better, anything above 6MP is a waste of cash. I would wager that i can get a better photo using a 3MP macro camera than anyone here can with a 10,12,16,18,20 MP camera.

Firstly, the Ultimate camera to take macro-shots like you need with small badges, is the (old) Nikon Coolpix S4. They sold for 300 new about 6 years ago, and if you are lucky, you can still find a used on on eBay for under 100, but because people now know about these models, they are very sought after. I have a few. (50,000 images seems to be the limit before the screen freezes) I buy them whenever i see them selling for around 100, although since the last two or so years, even eBay prices fetch 300-600 USD for th ensued ones now, so you have to be lucky, or find a stock of new ones for 300 a pop like i did once on amazon.

You need, a few pieces of wood, a macro-camera and a light. You also need a piece of white paper and the inside plastic tubing from a cc-slip roll - or similar.

1- Make a stand, with a cut-out hole for the camera to "look through"

2- Set the light source (a cold white light) at a 45° angle on one side of the Stand.

3- Cut out a V shape on the top of the tubing, for the attachment of the badge to fit into, ensuring that the badge will sit flush on the top.

4- Position the badge to be photoed directly under the camera, and make sure its in the middle

5- Stick a folded piece of white paper behind the badge, so that the light that shines from one side, NOT shining directly on the badge, but reflecting off the white paper - lighting up the other side of the badge.

I know that a 6MP camera sounds like "going back in time" - but believe me, it will deliver! If you zoom in, and take full screen shots, you will end up with a clear image 2000 x 3000 that you can then photoshop, or do whatever you want with.

If you intend on the micro-macro side, then you need a digital microscope, it will cost you, but will effectively tell you what badges are genuine and what ones are fake. This, i will go into later, maybe at the end of the year.

Metal......ik Thanks for the tips, your pics always look good!

Forum

Transitional RZM 14 by Matthias Oechsler & Sohn

This nice Transitional badge has a fat floating swas with a thick border and the lettering looks great! I enjoy it, and hope you do also.

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really a great method for photographing any small objects, Metallwarenfabrik.
    Thanks for posting - You've described the set-up very well, and from your photos
    it's easy to understand exactly how to do it. I'll give it a try.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast