Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Thank again, Sandgroper!

Compliments are always welcome even if they make my face turn a redish tint! You humble me with your kindness toward my photo taking abilities. I took 25 shots to get these 3 of the obverse! So basically I'm shooting a machine gun and have no talent as a sniper, if you will.

As we've talked about in the past, the idea was to post Party badge pics so others can see good originals and all pics are welcome. I like posting these large pics so lots of detail is visible and a study of details may be possible. At home, I can zoom on the pics and see details not visible in the zoom feature on the site. This really helps when trying to learn something specific. Let me explain, look at the following pics, at 100% zoom, you can easily see which is an original and which is the fake (although the fake is so blatent). One more badge to determine and when compared to the original, it's rather easy to see. At 200% zoom, even more can be seen. Jo R is working in this direction but with a microscope I believe. He has done alot for this Party badge collecting hobby. WRF doesn't allow this kind of zoom, but folks can provide expanded pics such as these with some work and a fairly decent camera.

Green

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

I picked this one up recently, an M1/ 156 Argentor Werke of Vienna, a great looking Austrian badge. The pin is slightly twisted and damaged but I'm happy to let that go through to the keeper as the rest of the thing looks great. This is a really nice badge and it will go well with my others,
    Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Very nice badge, Sandgroper!

The Austrian RZM badges have those nice fat outer borders that look so good. Your pics came out very well.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

A recent buy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Nice badge mate, a Karl Wurster that shows its been around for a while but still looks good. Great pickup!

Nice badges guys! Still struggling with lighting this time with correct positioning, but I decided to shoot a few simple shots in daylight and they came out alright.

So; here's my latest... Deschler u. Sohn -- Ges. Gesch. It just oozes of that early craftsmanship and meticulate precision... plus it's got this very "solid" overall look to it, definitely my best badge as of yet.

That's a nice chunky looking badge mate, great stuff!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    That's a nice chunky looking badge mate, great stuff!
    Thanks! "Chunky" is actually a very good way of describing it... it's very "together", for the lack of a better word, and very solid when inspected up close. I think my next one will be either a nice minty rzm with silver finished outlining and lettering (preferably with no stippling in enamel) or another early piece. There's really too much out there to choose from

There is a lot to choose from, it certainly makes these badges a very interesting item to collect.

Slados28

Very nice Deschler! Deschler made fine products and your Party badge does not disappoint. The font on this badge is excellent and uniform, as is the condition you have found it in. It's really quite a collectable badge, it's an early badge in great condition and many collectors collect Deschler items. Nice find Slados28.

It's my opinion but you got the photo just right, sweeeeet!

Regarding an RZM badge with no stippling, not sure there is one. Transitional badges will have no stippling but RZM badges will have have this design, or atleast they are supposed to per regulation. It would be interesting to find and RZM without stippling. Maybe someone has one or has seen one?

Green

Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast