Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

The gold party badge is a bad fake. Original golds never have the RZM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Scruffy painted example.

Sandgroper, another fine badge you have posted! Nice closeups also.

Grog, a few of your pics are jumbled-up. As my fellow member stated, the Goldie is a poor fake, as is the M/129. The faker didn't even have the courtesy to list it in proper fashion...M1/129. Your M1/152 is a fine badge!

Gunny, your M9 badge/tinnies is a very very uncommon item! This is the second zinc M9 badge I have seen so far, and I have seen many thousands of badges by now. This badge was made as a special event tinnie, not a Party badge.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Sandgroper, another fine badge you have posted! Nice closeups also.

Grog, a few of your pics are jumbled-up. As my fellow member stated, the Goldie is a poor fake, as is the M/129. The faker didn't even have the courtesy to list it in proper fashion...M1/129. Your M1/152 is a fine badge!

Gunny, your M9 badge/tinnies is a very very uncommon item! This is the second zinc M9 badge I have seen so far, and I have seen many thousands of badges by now. This badge was made as a special event tinnie, not a Party badge.
    Wow, i had no idea!...

Although I have not been commenting or participating a whole lot in this thread lately I have been following the thread sporadically and I've loved seeing all of your new aquisitions! I've also gotten around to eventually purchasing a few myself. These are two that have already arrived:

Transitional 6 by Karl Hensler. Been talking to Green here a lot about various badges and this was one I was undecided about getting due to poor photos in the listing. Glad I did now though. It's got an obviously replaced pin but to my surprise it had retained a whole lot more silverwash that I had expected, also, the font is a very nice one. I just love how low the horizontal dash in the A is, makes it almost Greek looking. If this one had been mint it would have been a stunner for sure! Pretty nice in this condition anyway. Not the best photos as I'm still struggling with lighting when shooting indoors but I think they came out alright... hope you like it

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

And then there's this one. Although not a party badge per se I just had to get this one at the price it was offered up for. Ges Gesch Nun Erst Recht, positioning of the pin is very off but it's obvious to me, in the correct lighting, that it's original to this badge. Overall it's nice enough, hard to take good shots of it though.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

One more on the way, I'll be sure to post here of course. Look forward to seeing more new acquisitions posted

Green, I noticed your very nice 102 with the painted reverse... I've actually got a 102 coming, albeit on a buttonhole attachment, I'll post when it arrives.

Slados, your Hensler badge looks great! I think they are one of the better makers, their badges have a real jewellers look about them, you can see the quality in the workmanship. Great stuff mate.

Slados28

Agreed with Sandgroper, your Transitional Hensler looks great and it's a fine badge! From looking at your pics apposed to the pics from the seller, I think the pin is original to the badge, atleast to my eyes. There is silverwash on the pin itself and I wouldn't think a replacement would have that. Not to mention, the pin plate is the type that would be found on Transitional era badges.

The Nun Erst Recht badge is also in very nice condition. Looks like you collect quality! Nice badges, thanks for showing them.

Regarding the RZM 102, looking forward to seeing it! Been busy lately here, I need to post one up too

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Slados, your Hensler badge looks great! I think they are one of the better makers, their badges have a real jewelers look about them, you can see the quality in the workmanship. Great stuff mate.
    Thanks! I've fallen in love with the Hensler craftsmanship myself, he really had the touch... I would love getting a mint cond. example! What's good about the possibilities re. an upgrade, it seems to me, is that Hensler badges doesn't seem to be all that rare -- Transitional or even earlier badges seem to be a LOT harder to find with their silverwash intact though. I guess dealers pocket these best/rarer ones for themselves, can't really blame them

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Slados28

Agreed with Sandgroper, your Transitional Hensler looks great and it's a fine badge! From looking at your pics apposed to the pics from the seller, I think the pin is original to the badge, atleast to my eyes. There is silverwash on the pin itself and I wouldn't think a replacement would have that. Not to mention, the pin plate is the type that would be found on Transitional era badges.

The Nun Erst Recht badge is also in very nice condition. Looks like you collect quality! Nice badges, thanks for showing them.

Regarding the RZM 102, looking forward to seeing it! Been busy lately here, I need to post one up too

Green
    Thanks, Green! I actually noticed the remaining silverwash as well, only I didn't quite realize that it actually was silverwash until you pointed it out... nicely observed! Would some of these badges actually have had their entire reverse silverwashed after the pin had been attached? Thereby leaving the entire reverse in a matching finish, something that's now been mostly worn off... with the pin, such as in this case, naturally having had the most loss of finish up through the years.
    Just theorizing out loud here, I think it would make sense though.

Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast