Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice looking badge Slados, and you are not wrong about them being addictive mate!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Thank you both! Now. let's see some of those new badges

?

Hi Guys, My one and only party badge, it's waiting for me back in the UK at present so I will be bringing it back to China early April, it's a M1/8 if one of you kind people can tell me who made it, apologies as the pics are not that good, thank you
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread. The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Many thanks Eric, looking forward to getting it back here.

Friends and Party badge enthusiasts

Slados, here you go.

M1/15 Ferdinand Hoffstatter

This little RZM badge has been there, atleast it appears that way with the nice punch into it. Can't say what the material on the obverse is, maybe old glue? Don't know, but I only dust things and don't really clean them. I think this badge has charcter and I like it for the condition it's in.

Mark

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Kevinp

Nice badge! Seems Wagner liked putting the notch in the button hole attachement as my Wagner has the same style.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thank you very much Mark, you mentioned about cleaning, is there a good way to make them look nice without damaging them? as the enamel on some of the ones on this thread look lovely.
    Regards
    Kevin

Quote by kevinp View Post
    Thank you very much Mark, you mentioned about cleaning, is there a good way to make them look nice without damaging them? as the enamel on some of the ones on this thread look lovely.
    Regards
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin, the enamel on some of the badges look good due to care and proper storage, things collectors pay extra for. Honestly, I just use a small paint brush on the obverse and get the particles off but I haven't cleaned one. I suppose you could do this with a moist cloth but you may not want to remove the silverwash, if there is any. I have several minty badges I wouldn't dream of touching the obverse with other than a dusting. The reverse goes untouched, adds to the piece, in my opinion. They are 70-80 years old and have earned their crows feet Just a quick wipe would be my suggestion.

Thanks for posting your badge and hope you share more of them!

?

Hi Mark
    Again thank you for your kind replies and tips everyone, as this thread goes I can see why you guys collect these badges with such enthusiasm, it can be very addictive. I will just keep it nice as you mention with a brush and a wipe as i don't ever want to do any damage.Hopefully this one will not be my last.
    Best Regards
    Kevin

Page 55 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast