Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 119 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice badge Casey! Welcome to the forum.
    The gents gave you a good assessment of your badge. I'd add that it may be slightly more desirable due to it being opaque. Here's a 155 in translucent enamel.

And another fine addition to your growing collection, Davo!

Jo, a very unique piece. A Borgas, perhaps? (only because of the name)

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 07-06-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Here's a nice one I picked up a while back:

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Transitional RZM 63 by Steinhauer u. Lück

Excellent condition with most of the silver wash retained, nice transitional font and a kind of unusual 180 degree rotation of the obverse relative to the reverse (only one I've got like this, at least). Hope you like it!

Something I've been thinking about; wouldn't it have been nice to have had all of these badges sorted and displayed by makers/numbers at the beginning of this thread? This to create a nice visual reference tool instead of having all of these nice member contributions scattered over so many pages. Benathe each image you could have a simple maker and type description plus name of contributor. Maybe creating a new thread for this purpose alone would be an idea? No comments or discussion, just straight images and info on each badge.

I'd be more than happy to try and organize a thread like this but I'd be hesitant, at this point, to just take other members images and move them over to another thread... It would be a nice reference tool though, having a list like this...

?

That's a great idea Slados but I don't know how you'd do it mate, at least with my limited computer skills I wouldn't know where to start! Your welcome to do whatever you feel like trying with any of my images here mate.

Thanks, sandgroper! I'm not going to pretend I'm some kind of tech wiz either, but... I figured, if editing privileges are extended ( I don't really know how long one's able to edit posts etc. with normal member privileges), I'd just plop them all into place as they're posted.

I'm also guessing there's some kind of limit to each post as far as adding images goes though, so... maybe it would take a separate sticky thread for all three main periods in order to make this work, such as: Early -- Transitional -- RZM ?

Sounds like a really good idea mate, send a PM to one of the mods maybe and see what they think. It'll great going through Jo's book and comparing the pics from the thread with the pics in his book!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Something I've been thinking about; wouldn't it have been nice to have had all of these badges sorted and displayed by makers/numbers at the beginning of this thread? This to create a nice visual reference tool instead of having all of these nice member contributions scattered over so many pages. Benathe each image you could have a simple maker and type description plus name of contributor. Maybe creating a new thread for this purpose alone would be an idea? No comments or discussion, just straight images and info on each badge.
    Nice St&L Transitional!!!

Funny you mention something like this. I while ago I mentioned doing something like this and I started but life got in the way a bit and it wasn't finished, however, it's being addressed and a searchable means will be available. It'll be a fast and easy way to search for particular badges by RZM code, Transitional number, or maker name. Of course, I'll need a mods hand in implementing it and some maintenance will have to done here and there. Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks!

I thought I could remember you mentioning this as well but figured it had been droppped.... it's been something I've been thinking about ever since first stumbling upon this excellent thread last year -- scrolling through all of these pages for that one particular badge can get frustrating and this has of course been an increasing "problem" wiith the continued growth of the thread. But, yeah... it's good to hear that you've got a plan and that it's on its way though, can't wait -- please, do let me know if you need any assistance!

Mark, you're a good lad, well done for setting this up. You've put a lot of effort into this thread and have contributed a great deal of information and knowledge and, of course, spectacular, clear photos that have made this thread an exceptionally good resource for all of us that have a particular interest in party badges. Without your regular additions this thread may have floundered instead of growing into the terrific informative resource that it has become. Thanks for your efforts mate!

Page 68 of 119 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast