Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck

Article about: ....#2

Default Re: Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck

Here are my only two:

A late war painted and an enamled

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck  Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck  Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck  Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck
    P
    Many

?

Nice examples Nick. The late war painted badge is a zinc piece, hence the paint loss, but it sits rather nicely beside your splendid Gustav Brehmer piece (M1/101), which is circa 1935-36. A nice contrast to see the later painted badge, and a fine enamelled example together. Thanks for sharing them.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Nice examples Nick. The late war painted badge is a zinc piece, hence the paint loss, but it sits rather nicely beside your splendid Gustav Brehmer piece (M1/101), which is circa 1935-36. A nice contrast to see the later painted badge, and a fine enamelled example together. Thanks for sharing them.

Regards,

Carl
    Thanks Carl Yes, you dont often find a late war zincer with all its paint !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

They are both very nice Nick, each in their own way.

?

Here is my early example, a piece that I really like...

It displays the "NUN ERST RECHT" slogan, meaning "Now all the more", and is a circa 1923-34 piece.

These early badges were known as "Abzeichen der Burdezeit", meaning "Badge of the times of burden". This phrase was first used following the 29.11.1923 decree that officially banned the NSDAP, and thus, the NSDAP member's badge. However, as the swastika was not recognised as an specific Nazi symbol, it allowed the production of pieces such as this one, with the new slogan. A further decree in late January, 1924 prohibited these too, but the badges were still in production as late as the early 1930's. Being non-official pieces, no identity was required by the wearer.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck   Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck  

Nice early badge Carl , I love that border around the swas, and thank you for that information

Nick

Great badge Carl and what a wealth of knowledge you are! Cheers mate, Dave.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    So, everyone is saying the 'M1/129' badge is bogus ? ? Crap, thought I had purged
    all the fake stuff ! That's ok I guess, as the lapel version came in a rather large
    group a couple of years ago and cost almost nothing. Lol, now I can wear
    the '129' to KKK meetings and don't have to worry about losing it !

Thanks everyone for your input. But let's not let one bad apple spoil
    the whole barrel - keep these party badges coming.........!
    Steve, I have seen several fake M1/129 pins at antique shops but they were highly domed, your pin is not. The fakes also had perfect silver lettering, your does not. I was not aware that this maker wsa not a badge maker. Besides the smaller stippling, which does exist, your badge looks convincing. Seeing that this is an accepted repro, it would be nice to learn from it, especially if it's a newer repro.

If at all possible, would you supply a few more pics, including a side angle to see the degree of "dome".
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Nice early badge Carl , I love that border around the swas, and thank you for that information

Nick
    Thanks Nick,

Yes, the border is exquisite. The photograph really fails to do it justice. Maybe when the sun comes back over B.u.M, I'll be able to get the camera out and have another crack at it!

Cheers,

Carl

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Steve, I have seen several fake M1/129 pins at antique shops but they were highly domed, your pin is not. The fakes also had perfect silver lettering, your does not. I was not aware that this maker wsa not a badge maker. Besides the smaller stippling, which does exist, your badge looks convincing. Seeing that this is an accepted repro, it would be nice to learn from it, especially if it's a newer repro. If at all possible, would you supply a few more pics, including a side angle to see the degree of "dome".
    I can, Green - but it may take a while !

I agree it looks very convincing - I bought it 5 or 6 years ago thinking it was original.
    But forgetting the maker, after closer examination, for one thing, the red enamel
    is rather dark and the motto is hard to make out when compared with most
    of the originals shown above.

I read a long thread on another forum, comments on the 'M1/129' by Jo Rivett.
    It is his opinion that they did not make party badges, and he describes
    a long-time collector seeing a heavy influx of these in the late 60's.
    This fellow owned five, and thought all of them were bogus.

It is extremely well made - not like 'newer' types, nor is it like the repros
    from the late 70's that I am familiar with. I believe it is likely one from
    the late 60's, as mentioned above, with 40 years of aging.

It pays to study the nuances of this stuff beforehand.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast