Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck

Article about: ....#2

Default Re: Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry Steve, but I would agree with Tom.
    Gee, the enameling on the M1/129 looked quite convincing to me too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Gee, the enameling on the M1/129 looked quite convincing to me too.
    The M1/129 RZM license first appears in the RZM regs on Jan 14, 1939 and then disappears shortly thereafter. It is unknown if it was revoked or the company disappeared, but they never appear to have manufactured under this code.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I can, Green - but it may take a while !

I agree it looks very convincing - I bought it 5 or 6 years ago thinking it was original.
    But forgetting the maker, after closer examination, for one thing, the red enamel
    is rather dark and the motto is hard to make out when compared with most
    of the originals shown above.

I read a long thread on another forum, comments on the 'M1/129' by Jo Rivett.
    It is his opinion that they did not make party badges, and he describes
    a long-time collector seeing a heavy influx of these in the late 60's.
    This fellow owned five, and thought all of them were bogus.

It is extremely well made - not like 'newer' types, nor is it like the repros
    from the late 70's that I am familiar with. I believe it is likely one from
    the late 60's, as mentioned above, with 40 years of aging.

It pays to study the nuances of this stuff beforehand.........!
    Pics at your convenience, Steve. The color of the enamel looks perfectly acceptable, imo.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Forum friends

As many of you may know, darker enamel was very common place, except it was mostly prior to RZM regulation. I have RZM badges showing orange hues and red hues. Some are also candy apple red while others are black cherry. Each will get posted as pics and some research gets completed. As collectors keep the variants and rarer badges out of circulation, we see RZM pieces more frequently and all badges seem to be compared to them. They are not the same and vary from maker to maker, even during the RZM period. While RZM provided manufacturers with tight manufacturing guidelines, there was enough wiggle room for some variation. M1/90 that I posted shows this in letters A and N touching at the base. Some badges have red enamel spilling over the letters. Without really looking, these details are lost. I am researching two badges by the same maker, from different time periods, and in doing so, I have to learn to use software that is new to me. I was convinced the earlier badge was a fake but under higher magnification, I'm certain it's a wonderful early variant. All of this just means that there are too many things to know and only research time will push the ignorance out!

I have also learned that one particular die or stencil was shared by multiple manufacturers during the RZM period. I'd like to thank JO for that information and thank him for his website's information that was a "jumping off point" for me.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Here is my early example, a piece that I really like...
    Carl
    Great Badge Carl. I like these a lot, as a matter of fact I bought one from Jo and am still awaiting its arrival. They're getting harder to find.....well, real ones anyway.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck 

I'll see what I can do this week, Green, and thanks for the extra info
    about the darker colour being acceptable. Still a bogus piece
    - I now know - according to the guys, who have never
    seen a legitimate badge from this maker..........

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Forum friends

As many of you may know, darker enamel was very common place, except it was mostly prior to RZM regulation. I have RZM badges showing orange hues and red hues. Some are also candy apple red while others are black cherry. Each will get posted as pics and some research gets completed. As collectors keep the variants and rarer badges out of circulation, we see RZM pieces more frequently and all badges seem to be compared to them. They are not the same and vary from maker to maker, even during the RZM period. While RZM provided manufacturers with tight manufacturing guidelines, there was enough wiggle room for some variation. M1/90 that I posted shows this in letters A and N touching at the base. Some badges have red enamel spilling over the letters. Without really looking, these details are lost. I am researching two badges by the same maker, from different time periods, and in doing so, I have to learn to use software that is new to me. I was convinced the earlier badge was a fake but under higher magnification, I'm certain it's a wonderful early variant. All of this just means that there are too many things to know and only research time will push the ignorance out!

I have also learned that one particular die or stencil was shared by multiple manufacturers during the RZM period. I'd like to thank JO for that information and thank him for his website's information that was a "jumping off point" for me.

Green
    Jo Rivett has certainly done a lot of fantastic research pertaining to these badges as well as other enamel badges of the TR era. He is my "go to" guy when I have questions.
    Tom

?

Thank you Tom,

It is a fine example. The image of yours that is on its way to you now, shows what a good example will join your collection soon too. Well done, and when it arrives, be sure to show the reverse if you don't mind.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Carl. Will do.

Tom

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Steve, If at all possible, would you supply a few
    more pics, including a side angle to see the degree of "dome".
    Here is a profile pic of the 'M1/129' badge.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP, RZM M1/93, Gottlieb Friedrich Keck  
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast