Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker

Article about: Ladies and Gents Here is an early NSDAP Party badge with no RZM or marker marks. The color of the enamel, I can only describe as black cherry. When viewed in flourescent light, or shade, no

Default Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker

Ladies and Gents

Here is an early NSDAP Party badge with no RZM or marker marks. The color of the enamel, I can only describe as black cherry. When viewed in flourescent light, or shade, no stippling can be seen. These photos were taken in direct sunlight and the stippling can barely be seen. Of note is the back being marked Ges Gesch on the pin plate and on the badge itself. Pin plates can be found marked in this manner until 1945 although not common after 1934-35. This type of badge was made in the early years (1920-33,4) prior to the transitional period and RZM years. This badge is considerably smaller than an RZM sized badge. Sorry, I don't have a comparison picture at this time to show you.

Particularly, if you enlarge the photos of the obverse it will be seen how crude the font was prior to RZM contol. Some letters are fat, some skinny, some fat and skinny. All three S's are different. The circular island where the text band is, can clearly be seen as separated from the inner and outer circles. I can only imagine the craftsman pouring the enamel into the recesses! These dies must have been hand carved. This is my favorite badge I've collected so far!

If anyone has more information, please post it.

Greenhorn

Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker
    P
    Many

Default Re: Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker

Here are a couple comparison shots. That is not an alien looking at you, just an early NSDAP badge!

Parteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown MakerParteiabzeichen Early 1920-33 Unknown Maker
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I really like your pre RZM badge and most were made smaller that the later RZM badges. Nice find!

I also like the look of the early ones you have a nice collection of them. PS if you enlarge the bug pic up he is smiling.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks guys.

The bug cracks me up, he was just staring at me so I took the shot and it somewhat looks ok.

Very interesting variant you have there! I see nothing wrong with it at all.

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Very interesting variant you have there! I see nothing wrong with it at all.

William Kramer
    Thanks William, I like it too!