Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rzm m1/90

Article about: The daughter bought this badge for me a few days ago but I am unsure about the backing pin? It looks authentic otherwise any ideas on this one. Ian

?

Default Rzm m1/90

The daughter bought this badge for me a few days ago but I am unsure about the backing pin? It looks authentic otherwise any ideas on this one.
    Rzm m1/90

Ian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm m1/90
    P
    Many

Hi Ian

Apreck Vrage (M1/90) made Party badges and marked them in this manner. This Party badge is not looking very promising though, as the attachment pin and catch are not what one would expect to see on a period Party badge. Can you post the obverse pic in the proper orientation, for a better look. No sense in going into more detail without a few better pics.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Looks like a pretty obvious fake to me as well. Never seen that exact type of attachment before and when similar attachments are seen on period pieces it seems they're mostly on badges manufactured by Austrian makers but, as far as I know, never on rzm era badges even then.
    Looks like the "m1/90" marking is trying to mimic that of period Apreck u. Vrage badges with the mirrored/reverse slash etc. RZM symbol looks as if it's had the letters thrown in there separately at random, very akward and shoddy looking.

I also see now that Jo, Parteiabzeichen.ch, has put a similar example up as a fake possibly manufactured by Tomas Fattorini --- so, that's the final nail in the coffin. Fake.

Ian

It was very nice of your daughter to think of you when she purchased this item for you! The Party badge is not authentic and I hope she didn't pay much for it and if she did, a return should be sought. Nobody likes to find their item to be a reproduction and I hope the news isn't too upsetting, hence the gentle delivery of the information. I hope you will still provide some obverse photos of the badge though.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Another front face shot sorry about the quality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rzm m1/90  

?

All part of the collecting hobby I suppose, thank you for your info chaps.....onwards and upwards

Ian

Quote by pippin View Post
    All part of the collecting hobby I suppose, thank you for your info chaps.....onwards and upwards

Ian
    That's the spirit, Ian!