Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Silver party badge RZM M1/85

Article about: Hi guys, is this badge good in your opinion. I think is a good one, but would like you to confirm it with me if you can, Best Regards, Juan

Hi Mark, thanks for your information, sent you a PM. Glad to hear this news. I also thank all the members that have helped to assess this pin, if I can get a good price, I will buy it. Selling price is 65 Euros, will hopefully get below that, Best Regards, Juan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver party badge RZM M1/85
    P
    Many

Please note that, just like me, Mark still questions this one to a certain degree for the issues mentioned several times over earlier in this thread.

In any case, this is certainly not a ready to issue "mint" piece as I see it--- rather it's a reject/semi finished piece with some issues, possibly even having been messed with post-war. A Mint party badge would to me be an unissued/unused but yet actually finished badge... this is not.

Unless the seller has indeed got varying stages/conditions of this same type of badge on offer (as you seems to say he has), the badge actually pictured is interesting as a study/curiosity piece only... only at a VERY good price would I be getting this.

Hi, thanks very much, although it s very clear that this Badge has got issues, what really matters to me at this point is that is no fake. Having said that, I agree with you that in order to buy this price needs to be a reduced one
    Quote by slados28 View Post
    Please note that, just like me, Mark still questions this one to a certain degree for the issues mentioned several times over earlier in this thread.

In any case, this is certainly not a ready to issue "mint" piece as I see it--- rather it's a reject/semi finished piece with some issues, possibly even having been messed with post-war. A Mint party badge would to me be an unissued/unused but yet actually finished badge... this is not.

Unless the seller has indeed got varying stages/conditions of this same type of badge on offer (as you seems to say he has), the badge actually pictured is interesting as a study/curiosity piece only... only at a VERY good price would I be getting this.

Hi, this is the box, that the seller bought from the veteran. Sometimes these stories are true. Although, I follow the Golden rule, you buy the ítem and not the story. Somehow, in this case, I also believe the story, the box came from a Belgian veteran fighting under allied forces. It was brought back in 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver party badge RZM M1/85   Silver party badge RZM M1/85  

Silver party badge RZM M1/85  

I agree that the lot you are presenting now looks believable and I'm not not one to disregard each and every story either---

It's just that in this case we were initially presented with two poor pixelated photos of a single badge showing a dubious obverse priced at 100 Euros. The ones shown in that latest photo all look perfectly good however, so the one initially presented here must be the absolutely worst one out of the bunch... kind of strange. Is the one you presented the last one left for sale perhaps? The scraps left for last?

Either way, if you can get one of the ones in the latest shot it would definitely be worth around the latest asking price... just look at the obvious difference to the one in your first post. No puffy enamel, no odd looking obverse silver wash.

You can always haggle, of course.

Nice to see that the box is marked Schwabish-Gmund as well! Judging by the unissued appearance of the lot in general, coupled with possibly a few rejects thrown in, it seems this person/vet might have stopped by the Rettenmaier place of business/manufacture to pick himself up this nice lot of souvenirs.

Should I tell the seller that you want another badge?
    Quote by slados28 View Post
    Nice to see that the box is marked Schwabish-Gmund as well! Judging by the unissued appearance of the lot in general, coupled with possibly a few rejects thrown in, it seems this person/vet might have stopped by the Rettenmaier place of business/manufacture to pick himself up this nice lot of souvenirs.

Well... I don't really pick up RZM M1 badges anymore, at least not these days, but I do like Rettenmaier's crisp obverse markings (the type we see here) --- if the price was right and provided it's not a reject/oddball like the first one posted I might be interested.

Feel free to PM me

Guys, after carefully assessing what to do, I will definetely pass from this one. Although this pin is authentic, I prefer to spend 65 Euros on another one that will not present any problems. I hope when that day comes after entering the thread, you will give thumbs up, I thank you once again for your patience, it s been good fun. Hope that this thread will be useful for any other member in the future, Best Regards, Juan

So... the others were sold off then, I take it? Either way, if the badge in question was really the initial one it wouldn't have been worth much... lots of better ones out there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast