Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Uglies - Oddities & Errors

Article about: Who owns the ugliest Parteiabzeichen? Ugly will mean oddities and errors, a badge produced most likely without the use of a Master Die, where the design would have been engraved directly ont

Default Uglies - Oddities & Errors

Who owns the ugliest Parteiabzeichen? Ugly will mean oddities and errors, a badge produced most likely without the use of a Master Die, where the design would have been engraved directly onto the working die. One of my favorite subjects. I will start with two candidates.

Uglies - Oddities & Errors Uglies - Oddities & Errors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uglies - Oddities & Errors
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uglies - Oddities & Errors

So is the badge a real deal? Were they allowed to make their own without authorization?

Thumbs up Re: Uglies - Oddities & Errors

Yes both are authentic. "authorization" only comes into play towards the end of the 1920`s with the Zeugmeisterei and a few years later the RZM. Even then it took many years after that to standardize the badge. So there is the period between late 1920 and late 1933 when anything is possible. One of the badges above is actually RZM marked in the transitional way, so dated to around late 1933 early 1934. (and even possibly into 1935-1936, although stickpins as such vanish from period catalogs and RZM reference around the middle of 1935.)
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 01-15-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: spellink

Hey!

This being a computer....means I'm slow, lol. Give me a minute or two!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Here are mine, one of them is from you, Jo, so no surprise.

Ugly

Uglies - Oddities & ErrorsUglies - Oddities & Errors

Uglier

Uglies - Oddities & ErrorsUglies - Oddities & Errors

Ugliest!

Uglies - Oddities & ErrorsUglies - Oddities & ErrorsUglies - Oddities & Errors

Octavian, yes they are real. Remember, no rules prior to RZM. Well, not entirely true but for the most part.

Mark
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 01-15-2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: added text
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    one of them...
    At least two , the middle one is really neat|ugly, without a doubt, no Master Die was created for this badge! A spur of the moment idea i guess to produce a few. Thats what i love about the primative ones, they surely have neat stories to tell, surely made during rough times in Germany - the financial crash - and exhibiting the periods they were made in their look.
    AS far as i am concerned, they cant get uglier enough !

Uglies - Oddities & Errors Uglies - Oddities & Errors

Jo

They are also my favorite badge, next to sunburt patterend badges. Trying to complete the RZM list but always get snagged by these beauties/uglies along the way. Transitional badges are fun to look at too, though. You can see how hard they were trying to produce a good product but mostly fell flat on their face with those designs. While I enjoy my helmets, rifles, pistol, crosses, and pennants, the Party badge has the most character with all of their non-conformity.

Green/Mark

A Deschler error. (One of a few i have and know of - not like this, just Deschler errors in general) For some reason the number 9 has been stamped onto the reverse. Without a doubt done at the time it was manufactured, but why? Could be many reasons i guess, the one we possibly looking for here is "Human error"
    A MSC image of the number is below.

?

It looks very similar to the '9' used on Deschler GPBs.

Quote by Erno View Post
    It looks very similar to the '9' used on Deschler GPBs.
    Yes, but why not think even bigger than the common, garden variety, smelly old GPB The number 9 must mean something, a hidden message maybe, or, and this is what my professional expert opinion steers me towards - it was a special badge, worn by Hitler who was NSDAP member number 9 and not 7, 1 or 555 as previously thought, and it was given to him on the 9th November (hence the number 9) by Deschler himself, who also walked in the front line on the day of the Putsch, and who dived in front of Hitler and subsequently took 9 bullets in the neck for him- and survived!

If anything, it must be worth 9 times the price of a regular Deschler? yes - no? of course yes
    Another mystery cleared up by the world famous badge expert and inverter of grand tales to assist in selling badges

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast