Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Makers Marks on Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Cant find a thread of this nature here, so probably a good idea to start listing some unknown makers marks that are found on NSDAP Membership badges. Below are a few, and i hope that others

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    RN = Raymond & Nichols. What say the masses? no input so far, maybe in time?
    Attachment 485447
    Hi Jo
    Any idea what happened to this maker that they didn't produce RZM era badges? Did they make You may be correct with the maker but how to prove it. I checked the few lists I do have and didn't find the maker.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Makers Marks on Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi Jo
    Any idea what happened to this maker that they didn't produce RZM era badges? .
    Mark they did, their trademark is found on other small badges, Arbeitsdank pins for example. I know that i covered the possible why`s in my book, but to be honest, i cant remember what i wrote? ha ha ha ha. No i do, but it would take up 500TB of webspace to list them - and more to discuss them.

As far as the goes, i cant see it really being a trademark as such for a badge maker / Metallwarenfabrik, based alone on the impossibility of having any form of patent on a star. (or even having a simple star as a trademark) That would not be legally possible today either. More likely it is nothing more than a fancy attachment guide marker, found in many forms on small enamel badges, i.e: a line, a dot, a circle...

The Deutscher Offizier-Verein is one that i hadn't thought about, but it cant be a candidate here IMO, simply because of the actual badges that i am referring to - their purpose (political and not army) - as well as who could buy them, and how they were (supposed) to be bought.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Mark they did, their trademark is found on other small badges, Arbeitsdank pins for example. I know that i covered the possible why`s in my book, but to be honest, i cant remember what i wrote? ha ha ha ha. No i do, but it would take up 500TB of webspace to list them - and more to discuss them.

As far as the goes, i cant see it really being a trademark as such for a badge maker / Metallwarenfabrik, based alone on the impossibility of having any form of patent on a star. (or even having a simple star as a trademark) That would not be legally possible today either. More likely it is nothing more than a fancy attachment guide marker, found in many forms on small enamel badges, i.e: a line, a dot, a circle...

The Deutscher Offizier-Verein is one that i hadn't thought about, but it cant be a candidate here IMO, simply because of the actual badges that i am referring to - their purpose (political and not army) - as well as who could buy them, and how they were (supposed) to be bought.
    I tried to ask if they made other badges but had a typo in my first post. I see, they did produce other small badges, just not Partei badges. Interesting that it can't be nailed down, but may be fun to try

Regarding the * as a trademark, I would bet against it also. A space filler or attachment guide is more apt to being the answer. Simple is usually the way to go. Not to say it's a definite, but surely shouldn't read more into it. I think Gregg might be onto something with suggesting the Officer's Club.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Per the suggestion of Mr. Rivett, I'm posting this unknown maker here (the obverse is on the left in the first photo).

The mark in question is an upright triangle containing several vertical lines.

...the best i can do regards size, & nobody calls me Mr. not even the wife

?

Could it be some type of ejector mark?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2