Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?

Article about: Hey everyone, Joe posted some pics of this earlier for me, i am having serious doubts, most i see are red..... a picker friend picked these up for me, he has done a lot of good for me lately

?

Default Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?

Hey everyone, Joe posted some pics of this earlier for me, i am having serious doubts, most i see are red..... a picker friend picked these up for me, he has done a lot of good for me lately, he is a good friend, so i took a gamble...if it isn't real, i am not out a lot.....it doesn't have the usual coffin style repro pin attachment.....so if it is no good, i am assuming older repro. ....and also, sorry for my Mom's cigarette ashes in the pic...i was presed for time, lol....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?   Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?
    P
    Many

Default re: Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?

Hi Newbie

Your "gut feeling" was correct in thinking it's a fake. It's definately a fake but whether it's a fantasy piece, I'm uncertain. Here's a red example you mentioned.

If you look at your badge through a 30-40X mag loupe you will see this is a modern day fake, albeit older than the iPod age but certainly not 70 years old and the manufacturing style of the period. The zoomed pics show three close-ups, one is more believeable than the other fake, but the last pic shows maufacture and enamel imperfections that your newly acquired badge will not have.

As you said, you didn't pay much and now you have some education from it Add it to the box of stinkers, we all have 'em.

Happy collecting!

Green

Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default re: Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?

I would like to have a definitive answer on this myself,as per red green and black. All REDO made?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn ........ real?

It would be nice to put these to bed once and for all.

There appear to be three basic designs:

Red with a solid joined arm sun wheel swastika

Green with a sun wheel swastika

Red with a sun wheel swastika

I first saw one of these care of the Lumsden book back in the 1980's. I would not give one of these house room. I strongly believe they are fantasy items. Jo has certainly proved that the A. Hyàngar marked examples are bad in his forth coming book.

So although these are not strictly speaking Party badges, I have put all the threads about these within this new sub forum. I have also edited all the thread titles about these to read the same in order to make searches easier.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...please-203563/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...rn-pin-185349/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...n-ungarn-9426/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Jo has certainly proved that the A. Hyàngar marked examples are bad in his forth coming book.
    HI Ade. No they are not covered in my book at all, that is more or less 90% Parteiabzeichen, with only a few other enamels.
    I could certainly show you why the Hungarian marked badge is not genuine, the problem though would be the space afforded here as well as the image size facility.

I have already started an article on these badges, (this particular Budapest marked badge) and its at 30 pages at the moment, so impossible to post it on a forum really. I suppose that i`ll have to try and turn it into an article of sorts for a collectors magazine, or offer it as a free PDF.... As simple as it sounds, to answer a question whether something is real or not - usually takes a one liner or a thumbs up|down - but i have chosen a different road, and inspect the item in such a way that once the evaluation is over, the reader is not left thinking what i want him to, but rather only left thinking what the item is telling him, sans outside influence. Sometimes we all secretly hope and want something to be real thats not, our saving grace is that it might even be pictured as real in some well known reference book - we are only fooling ourselves though. Thats a contributing factor to the mess today, the influence of personal opinions before consulting the actual item.
    So in essence, i am opening the doors to a whole new way of looking at, and evaluating items (small badges in this book, other items in a following project), which if correctly applied and properly understood, will deliver 100% solid and irrefutable evidence if the item is genuine or not. I am not disillusion though, and also a bit of a pessimist, so i dont image that what i have to offer, will be welcomed with open arms - well not by many i know this already.

Red with a solid joined arm sun wheel swastika

Green with a sun wheel swastika

Red with a sun wheel swastika
    You forgot the black version

Thanks Jo.

Actually, I don't think I had seen a black one before!

If I owned any badge that turned out to be wrong I would want to know. For me collecting is not about money or ego: just historical facts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If I owned any badge that turned out to be wrong I would want to know. For me collecting is not about money or ego: just historical facts.
    I know Ade, but not many share your viewpoint unfortunately.

?

I agree with Ade. ... I do not collect for bragging rights... or ego. Sure, having something rare is definitely cool, but in the end it is my love and appreciation of history. I also definitely want real items.

I like the badge that shows their flag, although know that older, as well as modern copies of this exist as well...